Respected Contributor

Re: Swing Jacket Arrived Today. It's Killer!

love: I got my regular S and it fits like it's supposed to. Not too big. It's the raglan sleeve that allows for layering. I think an XS would not have fit me like a winter coat. Can't explain properly. I should take a pass; running a low grade fever.

Respected Contributor

Sheesh: I read your comment on shortening sleeves on swing coat concerning band. Did you ever have it done?

Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 lavendar said:

love: I got my regular S and it fits like it's supposed to. Not too big. It's the raglan sleeve that allows for layering. I think an XS would not have fit me like a winter coat. Can't explain properly. I should take a pass; running a low grade fever.

Thank you - You explained it perfectly. I am going to order a M.

Regular Contributor

My beautiful navy jacket came today and it is a winner! The fit is perfect for outerwear in my usual size small. What a classy classic jacket! It far exceeds anything I've seen out in the stores, at twice the price. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

My only quibble is that this lovely garment came to my door in a shabby plastic bag.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the red. It's gorgeous. The fit is just right, roomy enough without being oversized. The back is just so pretty. I couldn't help myself. I just ordered the navy.
Respected Contributor

I've resisted getting this jacket so far. Seeing where it hits Jac on the length makes me hesitate. Fabric & colors are wonderful.

Respected Contributor

I'm still on the fence. It's a gorgeous jacket and the price is right but I'm concerned about the fit of the shoulder. My fashionable neighbor said she loved it, red is your collar and you just have to have the sleeves done. I'll see what my dressmaker says. It looks like an expensive class act and the cut of the shoulder would allow me to layer.

I'm sending an Isaac bright red coat back because although I could probably wear it one size up and it's darling (think little red riding hood) the fabric is cheaper looking and the zipper is sharp and gets stuck.

Eventually I'll find the red coat of my dreams; by then I'll have a small collection.

Respected Contributor

I just received my Navy Swing Jacket today. It was so well-packaged, and all the buttons were covered in paper. I love the color and the fit. I'm so glad I ordered navy. Once I cut the thread at the back of the pleat, the coat swings out at the back, but not at the sides. From the front, it looks more like an A-line coat. The sleeves are long, but I have long arms, so that's okay for me. If you are petite, you'll need to have the sleeves shortened, and this means also relocating the tab and button toward the bottom of the sleeve. The shoulder fits just fine. I have rather narrow shoulders, and am quite thin. Since this is a raglan sleeve (not set in), it's an easier fit.

Now I have two Linea boucle coats -- Persian Blue Pea Jacket and Navy Swing Jacket.

Valued Contributor

Because I always get the right answer from the QVC Ladies.......................I am 5'3" A large in Louis' coats, will this hit below the tush?

Regular Contributor

On 10/16/2014 Miranda1550 said:

Because I always get the right answer from the QVC Ladies.......................I am 5'3" A large in Louis' coats, will this hit below the tush?

It should. I'm 5.1" and wear a medium and it comes almost half way down my thighs.