Esteemed Contributor

Re: Swing Jacket Arrived Today. It's Killer!

On 10/16/2014 Miranda1550 said:

Because I always get the right answer from the QVC Ladies.......................I am 5'3" A large in Louis' coats, will this hit below the tush?

It hits just below my tush, and I'm about 5'8".

Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 lavendar said:

Sheesh: I read your comment on shortening sleeves on swing coat concerning band. Did you ever have it done?

No, I didn't order it. And the original one that I sold to Freddie Mac still had the tags on it---because I never took it to get the sleeves shortened and then I lost weight so the large was too big. The Swing style is really not for me---I'm much better in the Peacoat.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Respected Contributor

I'm 5'2'' but long waisted and it still comes halfway down my thighs. I ordered a S but have a real tush!

Thank you Sheesh! The peacoat is a better style for me but I need a coat that is warmer and that I can fit thick sweaters and thin jackets under. The short arms are a bummer; I'm sure I'd have to shorten the peacoat sleeves also.

And I can't resist red!

Meanwhile I'm still running a/c and every place I go has it on.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 GraceCO said:

I've resisted getting this jacket so far. Seeing where it hits Jac on the length makes me hesitate. Fabric & colors are wonderful.

I thought it looked short on everyone, particularly Leah. I do like the style but prefer short coats to cover my bottom when I sit down.

Regular Contributor

On 10/17/2014 lulu2 said:

I've resisted getting this jacket so far. Seeing where it hits Jac on the length makes me hesitate. Fabric & colors are wonderful.

I thought it looked short on everyone, particularly Leah. I do like the style but prefer short coats to cover my bottom when I sit down.

I think Leah was wearing a size or two too small. It would have been much more flattering if she had been wearing the correct size.

Respected Contributor

On 10/17/2014 lulu2 said:

I think that's the cut and I do prefer my jackets a bit more tailored & longer. The peacoat is a perfect example of what I like to wear. Like you, I like more coverage too! And, Leah was a train wreck in this jacket...

Esteemed Contributor

Hi ladies my beautiful red coat arrived yesterday and I am so very impressed and thrilled you would think this the first coat I ever owned.

I am top heavy so the swing style is extremely flattering on my body type plus the coat lays perfectly and the material is gorgeous. I like my sleeves long so I am happy about that. I was looking for a shorter car coat and this is perfect the length covers my bottom so I don't have to worry about getting in and out of the car and messing up my lining.

Enjoy your coats ladies!