Super Contributor

Currently they are showing a swim dress and passing it off as a swimsuit to wear at the beach or pool, come on they are not swimsuits- QVC shows bras and such but will not selll a typical swimsuit either one piece or two piece- I don't have the best figure but would never consider this Fit 4 U swim dress a bathing suit, you can't even get a tan in these suits- and Jennifer says they are flying out of here, who is buying these things? just my opinion

Occasional Contributor
I actually ordered this immediately for both myself and my mom. For reference Im 29, and love this because it’s like a suit and a cover up all in one. I can get self conscious in some suits, and I liked this because it was youthful while also modest. Some of us don’t want to show our upper thighs, and id argue this is nicer looking than some tankinis with skirt bottoms you can buy which often look matronly.
Honored Contributor

The swim dress appears it would be perfectly fine to swim in.  The skirt is short enough the fabric wouldn't wrap around you at all.

Respected Contributor

I see people wearing what is called a swim dress as a bathing suit all the time. @Jojo1010  what you purchased is very nice, no matter how you use it.

Honored Contributor
If you are talking about that off-the-shoulder number, that one would be a strong no, for me. To each their own.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

Currently they are showing a swim dress and passing it off as a swimsuit to wear at the beach or pool, come on they are not swimsuits- QVC shows bras and such but will not selll a typical swimsuit either one piece or two piece- I don't have the best figure but would never consider this Fit 4 U swim dress a bathing suit, you can't even get a tan in these suits- and Jennifer says they are flying out of here, who is buying these things? just my opinion

Different strokes for different folks.  A swim dress is not just worn to cover flaws.  Mothers with young children who have to do a lot of bending over and chasing after, may prefer not to expose everything. 

As for not being able to get a tan in a swim dress; skin cancer is rampant so many people are embracing their natural skin tone.

Trusted Contributor

As far as swimsuits go, there's one for every person's personal taste and need.  Just because you don't like it and can't understand how "anyone could wear it" doesn't mean we all share your taste.  Many people judge people based on their style of clothes.  I've seen people in itty bitty bathing suits that was not a very good look for them, but if they feel ok then who am I to judge?  As far as "getting a tan", there are those out there that have or have had skin cancer and like to cover what they can and still be wearing a bathing suit and others whose thighs are not their best feature and feel much better in a suit like that.  I know you were looking for validation of your opiinion, but when it comes to clothes on these boards, there are many different opinions which is why there are so many choices.  

Respected Contributor
I started wearing a tankini with a skirted bottom was I was chasing a toddler. That toddler will be 22 this summer and it’s the only kind of suit I’ve worn since. I don’t really need a cover up with it to go inside the club and like that I have almost the same coverage on the backs of my legs as with a golf skirt so my bee-hind isn’t getting sunburned.
Honored Contributor

If OP is referring to A392819, I like it.  Not every one who wears a bathing suit actually goes in the water.  Not being able to "get a tan" would be a plus.  

Esteemed Contributor

Wear what you like and what you are comfortable in!  Some people are so darn judgemental, ignore them