Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

Amazing that more structure is not put in swimsuits for larger bust sizes.  It seems (at least when I used to purchase more swimsuits) the smaller sizes got all the underwires. 

@cindyNC 

When I was a stylist at Dilliards the year after I retired from teaching, it seems like the larger busted ladies had great results from the La Blanca line.  The top sales lady in that department considered La Blanca to be the very best.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@cindyNC wrote:

Amazing that more structure is not put in swimsuits for larger bust sizes.  It seems (at least when I used to purchase more swimsuits) the smaller sizes got all the underwires. 

@cindyNC 

When I was a stylist at Dilliards the year after I retired from teaching, it seems like the larger busted ladies had great results from the La Blanca line.  The top sales lady in that department considered La Blanca to be the very best.

So you were a stylist at Dillards, but a woman who worked in another department was a sales lady.  LOL

Respected Contributor

@MarcyG72     Did you want one-piece swimsuits?    you said you wanted modest suits.

Look at Athleta, Lands End.   Tankinis may be a good choice for you. The Tankini top shown from Title Nine dot com .  There are modest bottoms sold separately .They have one-piece suits too.

A lot of "petite" swimsuits no longer offer stuffed padding as many prefer a more natural silhouette.  " Molded cups?"   Yuk who wants that. 

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee    Oh!  I own a pk. of the petals as shown...but not the waterproof version--will have to search for those.   'Petals' thickness is exactly all the 'padding' I desire or need.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@cindyNC wrote:

@cindyNC 

So you were a stylist at Dillards, but a woman who worked in another department was a sales lady.  LOL

@Bri369 And you pointed that out because?????

Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@MarcyG72     Did you want one-piece swimsuits?    you said you wanted modest suits.

Look at Athleta, Lands End.   Tankinis may be a good choice for you. The Tankini top shown from Title Nine dot com .  There are modest bottoms sold separately .They have one-piece suits too.

A lot of "petite" swimsuits no longer offer stuffed padding as many prefer a more natural silhouette.  " Molded cups?"   Yuk who wants that. 

I second the Lands End web site.

Honored Contributor

I am extremely small chested and I only buy bathing suits with molded cups, 

Respected Contributor

Re: Swimsuit modesty

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@cindyNC wrote:

@cindyNC 

what was the difference in your role as a stylist, compared to the sales lady? I'm unfamiliar with this. 

And as a large busted older woman. I recommend Lands End. I bought my two swimsuits from them, knowing what styles work for me- and they fit great! I was so pleased. Even though I'm fifteen pounds overweight these are flattering. I mean considering. 😋 I may look into the La Bianca line at my local Dillard's. 

Harmonize the World
Valued Contributor

I like the variety and quality of Land's End suits. I have a long torso and so need their long sizes. I like the padding, I need it for other reasons but they have many styles that have no padding. And you can buy the bottoms and tops separately or get a one piece. I do purchase one size larger, I am a 10 mostly in clothing and get my suits to be a 12 long from Land's End. I can't stand any compression. 

Valued Contributor

By padding, I mean the molded cups on the Land's End suits but they make plenty without the molded cups.