Super Contributor

Swimsuit modesty

[ Edited ]

With all of the selections on the Q, I find most suits have too much padding in the bust.  (I am small chested).

My last suit was a one-piece Janzen from Walmart, not made with a shelf bra but an extra layer of fabric (as in Farrah F's famous poster).  Any brand recommendations for us flat-figured ladies who want modesty but do not want all that padding?

Respected Contributor

@MarcyG72    Are you trying to say figure flattering or flatter, meaning chest size?  Not sure which way you meant it.  But reading your first paragraph, I don't think you mean small busted, correct?  👙

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

The Q's swimsuits are cheaply constructed with minimal support in the bust area that causes the wearer to sag, which make for an unattractive look to the bustline.

I've seen so many cheap swimsuits that I'm wondering if they even make them with truly supportive bras at any price?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@SloopJohnB   

"Flat chested" is what I meant to imply (that I am).  I find the latest options of suits on QVC have too much 'padding' in the bust area. 

Honored Contributor

It would seem you need a brand that has molded cups.

Honored Contributor

Re: Swimsuit modesty

[ Edited ]

@MarcyG72  Use your search engine to find what you want.  In its search field type:  "swimsuit brands for small breasted women?"

EDIT:  Just saw your other post about what you really meant.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

It would seem you need a brand that has molded cups

@ECBG    Some of us need swimsuit bras designed by civil engineers (suspension bridge division).  Molded just doesn't cut it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The Q's swimsuits are cheaply constructed with minimal support in the bust area that causes the wearer to sag, which make for an unattractive look to the bustline.

I've seen so many cheap swimsuits that I'm wondering if they even make them with truly supportive bras at any price?

@Kachina624 

I bought a swim suit here when they had the 3 across the front making a ruffel. Those suits were HORRIBLE on the beach in the heat! 

I was wrapped up in polyester!  I got home and it immediately hit the trash can!!!

Leopard Print Ruffle Hem Cute Tankini Set

Honored Contributor

You can buy special modesty waterproof "petals" which can be reused and be worn under swimsuits.

download.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Amazing that more structure is not put in swimsuits for larger bust sizes.  It seems (at least when I used to purchase more swimsuits) the smaller sizes got all the underwires.