Respected Contributor

Swimsuit for 60+

[ Edited ]

For those of you who go to the beach, pools, cruises, etc., are skirted swimsuits like this in style?  Do you see many women wearing them?  I dislike my upper legs because of cellulite, and while I know this won't cover it, I know that it will at least cover more than a traditional bottom.  Or would a swimsuit like this just call attention to me because no one else would be wearing anything like it?  lol  TIA!

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.55.17 AM.png

Contributor

I will be 62 in May, this style is what i wear.  Easy to get off when bathroom time, and covers up top of legs.  Great choice IMO.  Also easy to find tops to match a solid bottom and change up.  I shop at Lands End and always on the sale side.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg Adorable suit, what brand is it?

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

For those of you who go to the beach, pools, cruises, etc., are skirted swimsuits like this in style?  Do you see many women wearing them?  I dislike my upper legs because of cellulite, and while I know this won't cover it, I know that it will at least cover more than a traditional bottom.  Or would a swimsuit like this just call attention to me because no one else would be wearing anything like it?  lol  TIA!

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.55.17 AM.png

I am 56 and wear 2 piece, something similar in the picture, a tankini.  But I prefer the bottoms to be shorts.  Not the tight shorts like bike shorts.  As for the top, something more forgiving/less klingy.  I was on a cruise a couple of months ago, and you really do see women in all types of swimwear.

Honored Contributor

Ugh. I am 69 years old and have lost a lot of weight recently. I have several suits, all one piece but very figure flattering. My go-to swimsuit store is CupShe.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

If you do wear something like this with a sort of skirt, or shorts with the legs a little big, just tuck them under the elastic at the sides so they won't flap up in the water.

Respected Contributor

I started wearing a skirted 2 piece when I was chasing a toddler and still prefer them.  I prefer a straight cut skirt over something frilly or flared.  I see plenty of women wearing suits with skirts or shorts at my club.  

Respected Contributor

@Pecky it is from Amazon and has pretty good ratings--over 7,000!  20% coupon today, too.

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 9.54.11 AM.png

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 @ScrapHappy thank you so much for telling me that you see everything.  I've not had need for a swimsuit since my bikini days, and those are over at 60!  Maybe some can still do it, but I just don't feel comfortable any longer in a bikini.  Still the same weight but things have shifted.  Stomach and abs are still okay, but butt and thighs...ugh...

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg 

Oh, this is a very nice suit. I think it will look good. Very few of us look perfect any how, but this suit  will be flattering. What I will not wear is a suit with no skirt or shorts.