Highlighted
Contributor

Just checking out swim section on QVC...where did all of the cute suits go?  Wild patterns and leggings for swimming??

Honored Contributor

The only females I have seen wearing swim leggings other than surfers were Muslims.  They wear them w/long sleeved swim tops underneath a black shift like dress.

Never seen them actually swim.  They are in the kiddie pool in that outfit playing w/their young children.  The older females (grandmas?) wear all black.  The younger females (mom?) wear the colorful pattern leggings & matching tops but still the black shift like dress.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Swim suit choices

[ Edited ]

I spend my summers at a lake.  I see a lot of young ladies with swim leggings with bikini tops.

They are worn by ladies who are on a paddle board doing yoga....much more modest than briefs and also while on sea-doos and canoes.

They are great for water sports.

30D65595-6E8E-4202-B476-C225BD5410B2.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   I was going to say the same thing.  Swim leggings or swim tights are actually very popular.  Mostly for women that are into paddle board, surfing, and water workouts. They are designed so you can move more easily, without worrying about fidgeting with a bathing suit bottom.

Most also have extra UV protection against the sun.

Shape Magazine, Women's Health Magazine, and so many others have entire sections about swim leggings.

Honored Contributor

I just looked and there are a number of tankinis and separate pieces including the swim tights and separates

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Leggings or shorts make a lot of sense.  Suit many so much more than high legged.  Although I must admit the girls on the high school swim team rock skimpy.

Those skirted options don't do anyone any favors and float up in the water.  

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of pairs of black board shorts and some are almost like capris or at least to the knee.  Mine are SPF protective and are great for boating, beach walking, etc.

But when I swim in them--they stay wet and cold.  No matter how hot the sun is---I am FREEZING in them. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how to swim 😢, never learned, but now end up at the pool for the granddaughters' meets. I wear a long sleeve tee that has sun protection and just cover my legs w/ lg. towel. There are not always umbrellas available unless we get there very early. 

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing they are slowly going to be introducing swimsuits into inventory for the season.  

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The only females I have seen wearing swim leggings other than surfers were Muslims.  They wear them w/long sleeved swim tops underneath a black shift like dress.

Never seen them actually swim.  They are in the kiddie pool in that outfit playing w/their young children.  The older females (grandmas?) wear all black.  The younger females (mom?) wear the colorful pattern leggings & matching tops but still the black shift like dress.

Were their feet covered? All extremities are supposed to be covered.  Arms,legs and feet.  Also Muslim women are not supposed to swim with males not related to them.  Same with very Orthodox women by the way.  Sexual segreation is part of the their religion.