Esteemed Contributor

I recently picked up two in this style in stretch velour from two different stores. No hood on either, although I do like a hood.  They look good over leggings. Both were well priced, unlike that $120.00 swatshirt tunic/dress pictured above.

The style works well on my petite self.

Trusted Contributor

I like the examples that you shared.  Bought one from Lands' End last year and love it.  Purchased two of the new Zuda sweatshirt dress; these remind me of dresses sold by Eileen Fisher.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Those long sweatshirts are all the rage right now -- they're everywhere.  I bought this one from Denim & Co. -- A458421 -- in black.

I like that it's not too long, but definitely a long tunic length.  

I looked at the Denim & Co. long sweatshirt and it’s cute.   Looks like it has sort of wide band at the he bottom but with the side slits it doesn’t curve in. 

Honored Contributor

No thanks. They wouldn't work on me.  They are too long and too boxy.  I am 5'1" and I would look awful.

To be honest, IMO they are not cute on anyone, they look like those Comfy's sold on QVC...suitable to wear at home for lounging only.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Those long sweatshirts are all the rage right now -- they're everywhere.  I bought this one from Denim & Co. -- A458421 -- in black.

I like that it's not too long, but definitely a long tunic length.  

I looked at the Denim & Co. long sweatshirt and it’s cute.   Looks like it has sort of wide band at the he bottom but with the side slits it doesn’t curve in. 

@itsmagic   that's one of the things I wanted to be really careful about.  I definitely wanted the side slits.  Some of the longer sweatshirts look like they'll create that bubble butt look, especially once you sit down and get back up.  It will also depend on the fabric.   

Also, the D&C one has nice details of the metal endings on the flat drawstring on the hood.  I hope it fits well, looking forward to getting it.

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  I had no idea these Sweatshirt style dresses/tunic tops were even a thing until now. I don't think I could pull it off. I'm envious of those who can as they look really cute on the models wearing them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweatshirt Dresses

[ Edited ]

Had hoped the lounge look was over! These are cute for home only, but to me, they are big and boxy-looking. They appear to be great for robes or cold weather wear, but NEVER in public. Reminds me of the funny videos we've all seen of Walmart customers and their crazy sense of appropriate attire. These aren't made for the average sized woman - whose thighs are no longer lean and attractive as in this picture.

ETA: I do have a sweatshirt-type robe from LL Bean for winter wear which is warm and launders well, although I did purchase one size larger (for shrinkage) last year. Only wear it inside my home after my evening shower. Recommend it highly. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not really into sweatshirts and rarely wear them so none of them really appeal that much to me.  However, I don't mind the two with leggings but the one worn as an actual casual dress is definitely not for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I actually like the gray one with the banded bottom -- looks really cute with the sneakers! My least favorite is the burgundy one with jeans. It just looks "heavy" and too oversized to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sweatshirt Dresses

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 QVC did this last year and earlier this year, for a lot less.  I think they are still available, some on clearance.  None of these have banded botoms.  I like them:

A386510 Koolaburra by UGG Sueded Jersey Back Sherpa Hooded Lounger

A392729 Koolaburra by UGG French Terry 3/4 Sleeve Hooded Lounger

A397472 LOGO Lounge by Lori Goldstein Waffle Knit Hooded Dress with Curved Hem

A390651 LOGO Lounge by Lori Goldstein Waffle & French Terry Pullover Hoodie