Honored Contributor

Re: Sweatpants, and Sweatsuits…Ad Nauseum…Still???

@amyb, I'm with you on this one. I personally own 1 pair of knit pants/whatever you want to call them. I only use them if I have to have some kind of x-ray type thing done, so I don't have to change clothing. The rest of the time I'm in jeans, I'm very comfortable in jeans, all my dress pants just hang in the closet for the past year+. I'm not even slightly interested in joggers/sweats of any kind.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb 

I to am so sick of Joggers, Joggers . I do not wear joggers . I have a couple of LL bean cotton pants that are straight leg   regular length and  a pair that are bell bottoms  . I wear them when I am cleaning my home  or when I  take my Grandson to the park .

I wear either blue jeans , dress slacks or corduroy pants. I never wear  the short  length pants . I wear special gardening pants from Duluth trading .

I am one who wants  more diversity in my clothing, so I just shop elsewhere .

Between all the food shows and shows abt Joggers, I just turn the TV off .

Years ago , I and my family stayed at a hotel in NJ  abt 2 weeks before Christmas .

The hotel was full of guests . In the morning another family came to the breakfast room all wearing matching one piece long john PJ's . The PJ's you often see in the Pajamagram  magazine.  The Mother , 2 daughters and 2 Grandchildren. It was surprising but the family was having so much fun . The  oldest lady in the  family group  was a Great GrandMother who did not wear the PJ's. My 85 yr old  Mother didn't  get it that the family was obviously having fun.

Regular Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@amyb   WOW!!  JUDGEMENTAL Much?    i have had many visits to the Marriott Concierge Lounge. I came for the coffee at 7:00 AM and the the pastries and maybe the omelet buffet.  Then returned to my room to work on Excel  spreadsheets and prepare for meetings. Perhaps i wore a pair of leggings, flip flops and an oversized sweatshirt.  Oh the humanity!!   As a Hotel guest i appreciated the convenience for a bite to eat and not having to be seated for a full breakfast. ANNNDDD...THERE IS NO DRESS CODE!!! It is a perq offerred by the Marriott Hotel guest services to high level members, sorry if you think urchins are being served there. 

I'm in the same situation as traveling for work and partaking in the lounge.  What you wear is is perfectly fine , but I've seen women appearing in the morning to get coffee, whatever, in an open robe with a see-thru nightie with breasts in view,  slippers slapping while shuffling across the floor, men in unclean wifebeaters with hairy chests and shorts exposing half their backsides.  There should be a dress code since there are those who think others want to see all that first thing in the morning.  Nothing wrong with popping down in your sweats and flip flops, but clearly some insist on participating in the slobification of America.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

@Foxxee Oh I get how works. Worked in the industry, buying for a store, anticipating what trends were worth investing in, who was our market, what would she want, what does she need this year etc etc....what trend were we bored with no matter what others were doing. We never hopped on cold shoulders when everyone did everywhere...we got ONE.  

We'd look for what was new and interesting, and something different for the store etc...while also following trends too, especially on staple items like denim trends.

And yes...I get the whole pj, sweatpant Covid "opportunity"...played well and lots of bucks still being made on it.

The "bandwagon trends" everyone gets on, get old fast...and overdone. That was my point...just surprised how much it's still here. I mean we ARE getting out more, traveling more.

It was just a reaction to "enough" on this one from me. But others took it as a debate, as things often turn into here, like I was saying everyone else had to agree, ie. "something for everyone" "just shop elsewhere" stuff.

Anyhoo...dead horse beaten. Smiley Wink

Some will debate what time it is. Don't let them throw you and you can anticipate the proverbial "you can shop elsewhere/turn the channel" bit.  I find HSN has more of noncasual wear and you can bet Amy or Colleen are pretty much looking a bit dressier.  

Respected Contributor

I think it was on the last Fashions Night In... the host wearing joggers with a big oversized sweatshirt or something like that. With stilletto heel, pointy toe boots. As if that look wasn't goofy enough, she was doing that ubiquitous annoying ankle roll pose. Gahhh 😝

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

Amyb I totally agree with your observations. It’s nonstop joggers sweat outfits and open cardigans. The house try to make them more flattering by wearing stilettos and high heeled booties. They do the same when they present dowdy looking crop pants.
It used to be fun people watching at airports. Now are you see is a sea of people wearing yoga pants and sweatpant outfits in dark dreary colors.
Regular Contributor

I think it all has to do with the pandemic and the fact that people stay home more often than ever before. I certainly would not invest in lounge wear and I agree having one or 2 is enough
Regular Contributor

I agree completely.  Variety is what gets me excited to shop. The Q has so many apparel vendors yet they all sell the same things.  Sweat pants in french terry, liquid knit, pima cotton.  Boring.  Lounge wear is not my style. I recently branched out and began purchasing clothing from a company that sells more tailored clothing.  I have been very pleased with my purchases.  Oh, one other thing....all the clothes I purchase are "comfy" and there is not one sweatpant or sweatshirt in my closet!

Honored Contributor

@amyb 

I am with you on this! No desire to wear them! Not a fan of the way they look and frankly I'm tired of being told that my wardrobe is 'uncomfortable'

Such BS!

To be honest I rarely see anyone wearing sweatpants or joggers. Leggings of course are everywhere

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@amyb 

I am with you on this! No desire to wear them! Not a fan of the way they look and frankly I'm tired of being told that my wardrobe is 'uncomfortable'

Such BS!

To be honest I rarely see anyone wearing sweatpants or joggers. Leggings of course are everywhere

I was thinking this today too...I can see lounging at home, as others have expressed here, that they love them for...I get it.

But no...(and I'm not saying no one should be out in them, if they want to)...just saying, I never see anyone out in them where I live.

And... I think if I had...they sure as heck wouldn't be wearing their blazers over them with pumps on! I mean a certain "fashion host" looks cute in every way she styles things, still...who do they think they are fooling with the pumps and "fashion" styling of a sweat suit, (aka.."joggers!") 👠🙄