Honored Contributor

Re: Sweaters pilling - how to save it?

@silkyk wrote:

I use this and it works great. Around $4-5 on ebay. D-fuzz-it.

NEW - Dritz D-Fuzz-It Sweater and Fabric Comb, D Fuzz It - Choose Quantity

Oh, I forgot I have one of those too that someone gave me.  That's a nice gift to tuck in with the gift of a sweater.   Someone did that for me which is how I got mine.  

Respected Contributor

i agree with the shaver idea to get rid of the pilling.  i would also hand wash or dry clean your sweaters.  that has taken care of the pilling problem for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

I use a 'sweater stone'.

Check out the reviews on Amazon.

This is what I use too.  I have 2 different shavers/defuzzers and they do next to nothing.

The Gleener works well for a quick clean-up.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  Oh my goodness!  You have no idea what this means to me that you found such a lovely pink dogwood and posted it to me!  This makes me wish we could be rolling into the spring season instead of the upcoming winter solstice.  In the spring we can sit in our living room and be mezmerized by our dogwood.  We've seemed to have grown a mini forest of dogwoods both of our grand ond and a few creamy whites intermixed.  When we see folks walking by we'll often see them pointing to it and commenting.  It's really heart-warming, we just smile.

So thank you SO much for your wonderful post.  Wishing you and your family a grand weekend next for Thanksgiving. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If I have an item that pills, I just smooth it out really flat on the ironing board and use a new razor.  I've never had a problem.