Valued Contributor

Re: Sweaters for pear shapes.....recommendations please!

Valued Contributor

Layers, Pops of Color, Accessories, and a flattering shape. Perfect for your portrait session. Neutral houndstooth sheath, leopard heel, bright purple cardigan, and a bubble necklace

Honored Contributor

OP, what about something with zippers or snaps at the bottom, so you can adjust if you need more space?

Caslon® Side Snap Sweater (Regular & Petite) Rib-stitch turtleneck Merino wool asymmetrical zip sweater in colorblock

Regular Contributor

Wow! Thank you!! Sunshine. You look like a younger version of me! We have the exact same coloring! (but I'm 51). I'm also a children's librarian so that;s an issue but I'm very outgoing and definitely less conservative when I'm not working. lol. I'm also a 34 DDD. So its hard to dress for work. But I love all the pics you posted. Good job everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Anything that draws the eye upward, like an interesting neckline, a scarf, or even a statement necklace, will detract for your hips.

I like a slightly longer sweater, but nothing that clings to your rear. This is a good example of a sweater that both draws the eye up toward the ruffles and isn't too fitted:

Ruffle trimmed cotton cardigan with banded high waist in dark grey by Venus. Great shoulder design for a pear-shaped figure.

I also like the color-block cardigan on the left (below), especially with the darker color on the bottom. (Sorry, I could not separate the two images.)

Colorblock sweaters

Regular Contributor

On 12/17/2014 Vamp said:

Anything that draws the eye upward, like an interesting neckline, a scarf, or even a statement necklace, will detract for your hips.

I like a slightly longer sweater, but nothing that clings to your rear. This is a good example of a sweater that both draws the eye up toward the ruffles and isn't too fitted:

Ruffle trimmed cotton cardigan with banded high waist in dark grey by Venus. Great shoulder design for a pear-shaped figure.

I also like the color-block cardigan on the left (below), especially with the darker color on the bottom. (Sorry, I could not separate the two images.)

Colorblock sweaters

LOVE! But where do u get these clothes??

Valued Contributor

Check out j.Jill. they have lots of longer tops, some with slide slits or a line shape.
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, none of the pictures above are me, I found them on pinterest and was just posting them as ideas.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/17/2014 sunshine3215 said:

sorry if these pictures appear super large. I don't know how to adjust them.

Full Figured & Fashionable: OUTFIT GALLERY

Sunshine, I like this skirt. Where is the picture from? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

never mind