Honored Contributor

Re: Sweaters and Long Sleeves in the Summer

I live in a Senior building.  You will see lots of cardigans and long sleeves on women that are on blood thinners.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Where I live we are hitting triple digits heat mid-week. I put away my winter stuff several weeks ago. Yet QVC insists on selling sweaters, long sleeve shirts and cardigans. It must be an east coast thing. We are in a pandemic, most people are not going to movies and restaurants that may be chilly. Besides, how many cardigans do you need in the summer? 

@chessylady  Not everyone is sitting at home.

I live in hot, humid central Florida and I often wear long sleeved blouses and lightweight cardigans (not sweaters) to work. Long sleeves are not always warm. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@chessylady 

I don’t wear long sleeves in the summer, but I do like to have a cardigan with me when I go out. My house is not frigid, but other places are so I always have a cardigan to put on over my short sleeve top.

In answer to your question of how many cardigans do we need in summer, I can tell you I need several. 😉 I have spring & summer cardigans in various colors and prints. I love a good cardigan. 

I agree 100% with your post @wilma .  I like having a cardigan during the spring/summer months when I go to work or out somewhere.  Especially during the summer months when it's raining, it always seems so cold inside with the AC running.  I love a good cardigan!

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain Have you asked your supervisor if you can move?

@chessylady  I haven't asked but he would let me.  For a number of reasons, I really like where my desk is located so I'll just put up with the chilliness in the summer.  It helps if I get up and move around but my job is basically at my computer for most of the day.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
New Contributor

It is 90 degrees in NY today. All QVC shows is sweat pants and long and short sleeve shirts. Where are the sleeveless tanks and open cardis that are light and airy? Also, no sandals except closed toed sneakers I do not understand what is you marketing campaign for Summer Sale when all I see is items out of season,Trufhfully, I think you make all of clothes in other countries and they are not arriving in time.

Honored Contributor

@chonie1    This is a thread 2 years old.  The information is not current.  Please start new ones instead of attaching yours to an old one.  If you're not sure how to do it, just ask.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment