Respected Contributor

Re: Sweaters and Long Sleeves in the Summer

@shoptilyadropagain Have you asked your supervisor if you can move?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

While the weather varies around the country, and people's internal thermostats vary widely, QVC has always seemed to me to lean to the cooler climate wearers when it comes to clothing. There are a lot of us that live in the south in very warm and humid areas. I personally have no use for sweaters, long sleeves, jackets, or coats. While I have AC on almost year round, I cannot afford to keep my home so cold that I need a sweater, nor am I spending all my time in theaters or restaurants. The marketing team must feel that the the sleeves and layering people are the only ones that want to buy.

Honored Contributor

I live in the east (western) NC mountains.  It was in the 50's last week and we were told to cover tender vegetation.  I wore socks for the last two weeks.

At times, we have had snow on Easter.

Generally, when we turn the corner into June, then it's killer airconditioning, get into the car, die.  Half the time I can't immediately drive because my leather steering wheel is black.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Personally -  I wear long sleeves and carry jackets and sweaters with me (and sometimes a shawl) all summer.  

Really depends on where you live and your life style.  Mine requires long sleeves, jackets, sweaters and sometimes a shawl.

I don't spend a lot of time out of doors - but when I do, I prefer not to have any prolonged sun exposure. Always a hat and long sleeves.

@ALRATIBA   Same here. I'd much rather wear a light cotton or linen long sleeve shirt or long sleeve tee than have to worry about more spf on arms. Chances are wherever I end up has a/c and it's nice to have arms covered. 

Trusted Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Personally -  I wear long sleeves and carry jackets and sweaters with me (and sometimes a shawl) all summer.  

Really depends on where you live and your life style.  Mine requires long sleeves, jackets, sweaters and sometimes a shawl.

I don't spend a lot of time out of doors - but when I do, I prefer not to have any prolonged sun exposure. Always a hat and long sleeves.

--      
As a good example, of different strokes, I can't stand hats, and I almost never wear long sleeves. I'm in short sleeves, (and I live in a  4 season climate), in January 🙃

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not every location is warm.  I'm in the midwest and we're just now getting into the 50s and 60s during the day.  It's pretty common for us to go from 40 to 80 degrees or 80 to 40 degrees in a matter of hours.  Add all the wind and storms and many still need something more than a tank top or t-shirt.  Just because it's hot in one area doesn't mean it is hot everywhere.  

Honored Contributor

I went for a walk at 7am, it was in the 40's where I live. I wore a long sleeve shirt and a denim jacket, even with the sun I felt cold. I savor this weather, before the awful heat and humidity starts.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Sitting here in a hoodie and tee with the heat on.  Won't change much til August.  

Have been making trips over to the hospital on the coast, so have not even cleaned my winter stuff yet.  

Depends where you live.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chessylady 

I don’t wear long sleeves in the summer, but I do like to have a cardigan with me when I go out. My house is not frigid, but other places are so I always have a cardigan to put on over my short sleeve top.

In answer to your question of how many cardigans do we need in summer, I can tell you I need several. 😉 I have spring & summer cardigans in various colors and prints. I love a good cardigan. 

Respected Contributor

Same here. Office always freezing.