Respected Contributor

Sweaters and Long Sleeves in the Summer

Where I live we are hitting triple digits heat mid-week. I put away my winter stuff several weeks ago. Yet QVC insists on selling sweaters, long sleeve shirts and cardigans. It must be an east coast thing. We are in a pandemic, most people are not going to movies and restaurants that may be chilly. Besides, how many cardigans do you need in the summer? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Sweaters and Long Sleeves in the Summer

I agree. I keep one sweater or cuddl duds cardigan handy, and a couple of lightweight shrugs or cardigans for over a sleeveless dress. We’ll ge5 a couple or three days during the summer when it will get cool, so I want a layering piece for over a tee.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC is trying to clear out its winter things.  I'm seeing this at other retailers too.  They are still selling coats, on sale, though.  It's a good time to shop for Fall rather than pay full price then. 

Honored Contributor

Keep in mind that in some parts of the country it has been unseasonably chilly, damp and rainy.  These people are not ready for sundresses and sandals.  On the news this morning they showed it snowing heavily in Jackson, Wy. and some place in Idaho.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

i never wear short sleeve or sleeveless tops in the summer. i always have long sleeves or 3/4 sleeve tops. it's going to be 87 degrees here over the next couple days. i agree with you though, the cardigans have got to go. sell them in the fall. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally -  I wear long sleeves and carry jackets and sweaters with me (and sometimes a shawl) all summer.  

Really depends on where you live and your life style.  Mine requires long sleeves, jackets, sweaters and sometimes a shawl.

I don't spend a lot of time out of doors - but when I do, I prefer not to have any prolonged sun exposure. Always a hat and long sleeves.

Esteemed Contributor

It snowed up here last Monday and Northern MI rarely has triple digit summer days. I still have flannel sheets on the bed for nights in the 40's.

I always keep a cardi to throw on. Now that I'm working at home I still like to put a cardi or other coverup on when making morning coffee.

Bathrobes are just not a good look. I have DS hanging out with me for the duration and FedEx or UPS will stop and drop off office paperwork.

Honored Contributor

Some of us plan ahead for the fall and winter when there is a good deal or something we want to ensure we have on hand later. I purchase many things "out of season" when I see something I like and know I will use, even if not immediately.

I appreciate that QVC sells cold and warm winter clothes all year round, particularly when I am traveling to a country that is in the opposite hemisphere.

Esteemed Contributor

I freeze year round. In the summer at work, I wear a lot of cardigans AND still have my little cube heater running. There's an A/C vent over my desk.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

We used to visit many folks in a very warm/hot area years ago.

Most of them wore long sleeves and cardigans, mainly because the a/c was running in their homes, and others worked in a/c offices.  

None of them gardened mid day.  Only in the morning or late evenings.  

They 'ran' to and from their cars where they turned on their a/c.  And into stores where a/c was very cold.  

I just don't know how outdoor farmers and workers survived / survive in that hot, hot sun.  

Wishing everyone well and safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).