Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I'm pretty sure your waist is hanging out with my chin line Cat LOL

I hope they are very happy together. 

@Greeneyedlady21  I absolutely love that last sweater. I found a similar one for my daughter for Christmas, only it's in an evergreen color. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

It is not a look I like on anyone

Honored Contributor

No one seems to have any sympathy for those of us who are LONG waisted. I'm a tall woman living in a 5'4" body- if my legs had ever caught up with my torso, I'd be 6' tall. 

Belting on my waist means just above my pelvis- totally out of proportion with my overall height.

Everything old is new again!

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite I also absolutely love the ivory sweater in the last picture I posted. Where did you find the similar sweater for your daughter?

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I was already going through my receipts, trying to find it to post lol....

unfortunately this year I was way behind in Christmas shopping, so this past week was a bit of a chaotic pace for me in brick stores....

it was either TJ Maxx, Dillards or Belk. I was in a couple of other stores too, but I don't believe I found it in Ross or Target Smiley Tongue

I'm pretty sure it was TJ Maxx. When I find the receipt I will come back in post. I'm working this weekend on getting this Christmas jumbled up mess corralled!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I loooove that 2nd sweater!  I want it!  

Everything old is new again... and again... I remember when tucking in finer knit sweaters was "in" and I was a tucker back then.  I like the look if it isn't a bulky knit.  It really depends on the sweater.  Just me, but I think wearing a belt and folding the sweater over it would be uncomfortable.  You'd be re-arranging and yanking on the belt all day long.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to get ready for work but I found the ivory sweater! Tracked down her blog through the article and found the sweater/skirt post on her Instagram page. It's the Line and Dot Jillian sweater, $62 and change on sale on Shopbop. If you have Amazon Prime you can link that to Shopbop and get 2 day delivery. I'm buying it. Going to Google for a discount code first.

The skirt is H&M, unfortunately only available in red.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Great look if you are very thin....

Yes, it's a terrific look if you can pull it off.

Honored Contributor

I love that sweater but I changed my mind because it's 77 % acrylic. Would pill like crazy. Shopbop is having a good sale, lots of cute sweaters. I've read that no more than 40% acrylic is a good choice as far as pilling.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, wearing a semi tucked sweater and jeans today. High waists are returning, so is tucking. It's all about proportions.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson