Honored Contributor

Re: Sweaters Tied Around the Neck

@chrystaltree wrote:

That was a thing back when the preppy look was popular. I don't believe it's coming back but if you do see it in New England beach towns.

@chrystaltree Some of us it never left, and it has been a mainstay for part of my wardrobe since the 1960's.  I never want to wear what's "in."  And I don't really like shopping for clothes either.  So 'splains a lot I guess!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Hey!........As someone mentioned, we don't have to worry about the size of the sweater......We can wear any size over our shoulders, even Boys or Girls and/or  Tweens' sizes.  

(I'm serious, btw.)   I sometimes 'waltz by' (that's an old one)  the Boys' or Young Men's Depts. on my way to somewhere else.

Some of those Fall/Winter sweaters are nice. 

Maybe even in the Girls' Depts., too.

It's finally nice to know that fashion size doesn't matter in this case. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I agree. My husband calls it the mama Dallas look- from the show! I don't wear it but I find it very crisp and polished. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

NOT a fan of this look. TOO CONSERVATIVE and PREPPY.

@layla2450 I always expect a woman who wears that "look"answers to the name Muffy.🤣😜 Definitely a style best left in the 80's.

@Trinity11 Judging much by looks?  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I always felt this look was very snobbish! Still do!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

@layla2450 I always expect a woman who wears that "look"answers to the name Muffy.🤣😜 Definitely a style best left in the 80's.

🙄 Last time I checked @Sooner  this was the Fashion forum where we comment on clothing and appearance.

Respected Contributor

I never understood why "Preppy" gets such a bad reputation. 

It's so classic and timeless that you never, ever have to worry about something becoming dated or out of style.

I love it!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

🙄 Last time I checked @Sooner  this was the Fashion forum where we comment on clothing and appearance.

@Trinity11 You made the sideways remark that I thought was a little uncalled for.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

@Trinity11 You made the sideways remark that I thought was a little uncalled for.  

I have no idea what a sideways remark is but I only read the OP's question. Please don't assign your anger and blame towards me because I happened to have said something you disagree with. Plenty of posts you make @Sooner I disagree with but I have the good manners to keep it to myself.

Have a nice day and the subject is closed for myself, so please don't expect me to engage again in this conversation.

Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I always felt this look was very snobbish! Still do!

This was part of my look from the time I was 13 until now......I think it is snobbish too 

but I have been called much worst  things..