Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

Love Barefoot dreams.and worth every penny but I do understand that not every can or wants to afford one.  Just skip it if it's not for you.

I absolutely love mine too.

Deb

Honored Contributor

Re: Sweater for $130.00!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have a dumb question.  Is there a difference between rayon made from bamboo and just rayon?  Is all rayon made from bamboo? 

ETA:  I found this from Wikipedia.  Interesting.

Controversies[edit]

In 2010, the FTC issued letters to over 100 companies informing them that they were illegally selling products made of rayon by mislabeling them as being made from bamboo, deceiving environmentally conscious consumers into believing they were buying items made from a natural fabric manufactured in a way that is considered to be more environmentally friendly than the chemical processing involved in turning raw materials, such as bamboo, into a silky smooth rayon. Manufacturing rayon generates a considerable amount of pollution—the exact process consumers seeking "bamboo" products are trying to avoid—and the resulting product is rayon, regardless of its source material. The FTC's letter warned companies that continuing to violate the law would result in fines.[13] In 2015, the FTC filed complaints against Bed Bath & Beyond, Nordstrom, J.C. Penney, Backcountry.com, and their subsidiaries, for continuing to deceptively sell rayon mislabeled as bamboo. The four companies were required to pay civil penalties totaling US$1.3 million for violating the "Textile Act and the Textile Rules" and Section 5(m)(1)(B) of the FTC Act.[14]

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Andreatoo - I meant to ping you earlier about this top. I'm not a big fan of Diane Gilman, but I do like some of her tops. I have tagged this one to see if I can get it on clearance. Current proce = $60.  Do you like it?

DG2 by Diane Gilman Striped Button-Down Peplum Shirt
501-633

@Chi-town girl

No I don't and I can't put my finger on exactly why not....too loose maybe? Peplum too exaggerated? I'm just not a fan...

I don't hate it it's just not screaming 'buy me!!'

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I looked to see if this sweater was spun gold but just nylon and rayon and not even a button or zipper... 

Barefoot Dreams items have always gone for prices like that. Oprah had their bathrobes on one (or more) of her Favorite Things shows years ago and I remember being shocked by the prices back then.

They're super soft and cuddly. I bought a Wooby cardigan from Sahalie and it also feels wonderfully soft and squishy and cost under $60. I got one on sale for under $50, too.

Super Contributor

Ridiculous!