Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Sweaters at Nordstrom average $350.00.

@songbird

First of all it's rayon made from bamboo, cashmere is wool from cashmere goats....

Sorry but this is NOT Nordstrom quality---try more JCP, Macy's Dillards for a more accurate comparison.  Why did the host and the reviews say to size up and it shouldn't shrink either!....it should fit properly for $130!!!  Sorry but a name doesn't mean a thing it's the sizing and quality of the fabric that counts!

Does sizing up cost you more? Or is it that it's not the usual Q's huge vanity sizing?

How do you know it's not good quality...did you buy it?

Esteemed Contributor

Agnona - Knit Pullover with Front Embroidery

100% wool $1,990!

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Re: Sweater for $130.00!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

First of all it's rayon made from bamboo, cashmere is wool from cashmere goats....

Sorry but this is NOT Nordstrom quality---try more JCP, Macy's Dillards for a more accurate comparison.  Why did the host and the reviews say to size up and it shouldn't shrink either!....it should fit properly for $130!!!  Sorry but a name doesn't mean a thing it's the sizing and quality of the fabric that counts!

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Uh...no it isn't JCP or Macy's!  Actually,  its the same exact garment that was sold at Nordstrom for $130. That was posted by another customer in the TSV thread discussion. The fact we could buy it for $80 was a good deal. Not often that we can find the exact garment at retail, but in this case it's true. Guess you missed those facts

I watched several presentations and I heard consistently customers were told by the vendor & hosts to buy true to b&m size, not Q's vanity sizing. I also recall hearing size up if you want it to be looser or to layer.

I remember these specifics b/c I ended up buying 2 of them. One for me and another for a gift...well rec'd! I love this sweater and planning to buy more from this line. Hoping Q offers the pants as a TSV or this day only as a discounted price. The quality of the fabric is superb and sizing is = b&m sizing, not Q's inconsistent vanity sizing. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

Does sizing up cost you more? Or is it that it's not the usual Q's huge vanity sizing?

How do you know it's not good quality...did you buy it?

@Melania

It doesn't cost more, but it should be PROPERLY SIZED, customers have complained about inconsistent sizing and this is an example!!!!--Sizing SHOULD BE consistent for that price!!! QVC should NOT have "vanity sizing" it should be on par with the industry!  I read reviews so it shrinks, pills, = (translation) quality is not up to snuff!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird

Wrong, wrong, wrong! Uh...no it isn't JCP or Macy's!  Actually,  its the same exact garment that was sold at Nordstrom for $130. That was posted by another customer in the TSV thread discussion. The fact we could buy it for $80 was a good deal. Not often that we can find the exact garment at retail, but in this case it's true. Guess you missed those facts

I watched several presentations and I heard consistently customers were told by the vendor & hosts to buy true to b&m size, not Q's vanity sizing. I also recall hearing size up if you want it to be looser or to layer.

I remember these specifics b/c I ended up buying 2 of them. One for me and another for a gift...well rec'd! I love this sweater and planning to buy more from this line. Hoping Q offers the pants as a TSV or this day only as a discounted price. The quality of the fabric is superb and sizing is = b&m sizing, not Q's inconsistent vanity sizing. 

@Chi-town girl

Some of the reviewers will differ with you.....and it's overpriced at $80 if it's merely rayon and bamboo......BOTH Nordstrom and QVC are OVERPRICED!!!!  JMHO  If you like it GREAT., I hope you enjoy it!!!...too each his own..... 

Did you see the current article that was posted from 9/9/16 where CEO stated QVC clothing sales were down and many threads pointing out QVC's pricing and sizing....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

From the Q website for this item being discussed,

A279736
Barefoot Dreams Chic Lite Essential Long Cardi with Pockets

Mostly 5 star reviews. 

484 Reviews
5 StarsReviews 281
4 StarsReviews 51
3 StarsReviews 54
2 StarsReviews 54
1StarsReviews 44

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

There has been one very similar on clearance by Halston and it's very inexpensive.  A273293  under $30. and very nice.  I have it.

The material isn't even close though. That is the big deal of Barefoot Dreams.   

@Lipstickdiva  No, I'm sure the fabric is not as nice but it's good enough for the little use I'll get out of it.  It's not one of those things I'd wear daily.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't be able to get past the fact that this fabric would remind me of bathrobes.  

The only difference I could see from Q and Nordstrom is that the Q indicates "rayon made from bamboo," whereas Nordstrom just indicates "rayon."  (Of course, the other difference is that N does not charge a $10 try on fee.)  I'd be curious if that made a difference in the quality of the fabric.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I wouldn't be able to get past the fact that this fabric would remind me of bathrobes.  

The only difference I could see from Q and Nordstrom is that the Q indicates "rayon made from bamboo," whereas Nordstrom just indicates "rayon."  (Of course, the other difference is that N does not charge a $10 try on fee.)  I'd be curious if that made a difference in the quality of the fabric.

the fabric and the level of quality of the item from qvc and the item from nordstrom is exactly the same. it is a great piece and i am so glad that qvc is now carrying this brand.....a nice step away from the same old same old......and it in no way looks like a bathrobe.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein