Honored Contributor

Anyone have one?  I saw this on a photo of Taylor Swift. I liked it.

Here it is on a model.  From Free People

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have one, but thank heavens, the sleeves don't fall down over my hands. I hate that

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

I used to wear them a lot when I was younger Cat Happy

Love the color of this one and it looks cute on Taylor....but my sweater-dress-wearing days are long gone.

They made me itchy and are no longer so flattering.

Honored Contributor

Taylor always dresses well.  Yes, the sweater look really good on her.  Love the color as well.

Honored Contributor

It is the trend, but it is not a good trend and it might look okay on Taylor.  She is always well dressed and en vogue.  However, this trend comes and goes and quickly goes every few seasons.  Let this one go.  It is beautiful fabric. She is, as always, elegant and well groomed, but a real thumbs down for me.

Trusted Contributor

I love it. 

Ah, to be young, again. I used to wear those.  Some slouchy, some sleek. I wish I could wear them, now. I wish I looked good in big, slouchy sweaters, now, too. 

Honored Contributor

I like the boots on the model.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Not my style.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@songbird 

I used to wear them a lot when I was younger Cat Happy

Love the color of this one and it looks cute on Taylor....but my sweater-dress-wearing days are long gone.

They made me itchy and are no longer so flattering.

Agree, itchy !!!  But it looks good on Taylor, of course!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

Re: Sweater dress

[ Edited ]

I wore sweater dresses in the distant past.  I was a size 4 by the standard of that day which was probably a size 0 by today's standard.  I did not wear cheap, itchy.  I wore Jonathan Logan for a good part of my wardrobe which was classic and not inexpensive.  It was not Coco Chanel (but even Coco Chanel back then was not geared to the elitists as it is today).

P.S.  The sweater dresses I wore were not this gargantuan balloon look. They were tailored, with a waistline and made similar to a shirtdress.  I do not think anyone looks good in this dress.  I think it is a very casual, comfortable look.  I think it is okay to wear when you want to be at your most comfortable casual, but for dress-up, no.