Esteemed Contributor

In my gathering things for donations, I ran into several sweater sets I own.  The light weight cardigan and top (short sleeved, or sleeveles).  I don't see them worn at all.  I have read somewhere that they are not trendy, fashionable, nor going to be around much in the future.  Do I have relics? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

I have quite a few sweatersets...and wear them often...i think of them a classics not relics.......love them

Honored Contributor

Then I'm not trendy!

Who knew!

I think they are still fashionable and the older style sweater sets can be modernized and still be found out in retail.

I love layering, I love being coordinated.   And not a ruffle in sight.

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

In my gathering things for donations, I ran into several sweater sets I own.  The light weight cardigan and top (short sleeved, or sleeveles).  I don't see them worn at all.  I have read somewhere that they are not trendy, fashionable, nor going to be around much in the future.  Do I have relics? 

Valued Contributor

I love my sweater sets and wear them often. I can  change them up with a different shell or a different cardigan. The new fashions with the uneven hemlines or the umpteen layered look ( Lori G ) are not my thing. I often get compliments on my clothes and some of my sweater sets are a few years old.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

Sweater sets are classics...I wouldn't get rid of them unless they don't fit anymore or they are shabby looking.  Wear them in good health!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

They're not my style but I still consider them a classic.

Honored Contributor

I have them in a rainbow of colors and prints from Talbots.  They are my work uniform.  Long sleeve for winter, 3/4 sleeve for summer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@kelsey17. I refer to mine lovingly as "twinsets". I began collecting them about 20 yrs. ago when I started going through men's-paws....perfect! Too hot, cardigan off, leave tank on, flash over, put cardigan back on....Between flashes I tied the cardi around my shoulders. Perfect solution & still wear them. 

Esteemed Contributor

My friends and I wear them all the time....I agree with what @Shanus said....

You can dress them u for an evening out too...

Honored Contributor

I think they are classic and beautiful but I doubt you would see any young women wearing them. I think they are a boomers style.I have a couple and wear them on cool days in Florida to go to a show or to church.