Respected Contributor

Re: Sweater Pants --- What do you think -- or would you wear??

@MG Chris wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I saw some at Sams club and I thought the same thing, they wouldn't hide a little tiny bulge.  You would have to be a stick to look good in those and even then its questionable!

If they are the DKNY Cashmere blend set I bought all four colors. I am not stick thin and I love them. They are so soft, warm, cozy and perfect for running around town or snuggling up on the couch. I am 59 and think they look really nice, thanks to Suzanne Somers and Katrina Szish column dressing is one of My favorite looks and these look so good done that way. They wash beautifully, I don't dry them in the dryer.

i thought about ordering them for my daughter but she is pregnant now, maybe I will get her a pair for next year?  They are a steal for DKNY.

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

Old Navy has sweater shorts with cropped sweater tops.  I don't understand where you would wear such an outfit. 

Young people in Arizona would wear them. It's not that cold here. We wear shorts year round.

Honored Contributor

I don't really like sweaters--no matter how soft I don't like the feel of them.

Thinking about sweater pants simply gives me hives. 

Honored Contributor

I used to wear a couple of sweater pants sets, with longer matching tunic sweater tops.

At the time, they were fine because my sets (maybe three sets, now that I'm thinking about them) had matching tunic length sweaters.

Actually, I wouldn't mind wearing them, especially around the house during cold Winter days.

Maybe even out and about, if they are the right color and sweater fabric, and as long as the top covers my back side.  Not too-too long, though.  

I'll have to take a better look online.

Thanks for the idea.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

Old Navy has sweater shorts with cropped sweater tops.  I don't understand where you would wear such an outfit. 

Young people in Arizona would wear them. It's not that cold here. We wear shorts year round.

@Meowingkitty    I see mothers out with their babies wearing onesies.   I can't imagine "their thinking".

Right NOW....I have on a turtleneck with a sweatshirt over it.....winter pants.....2 pair of socks, and furlined moccasins.   And I have the HEAT ON.  I guess I'm a hothouse rose!  (I'm in PHX)     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Pull on Pants.....100% wool and/or wool blend and cashmere. 

MAX MARA LEISURE Wool Pull-On Pants, Main, color, BEIGE

MAX MARA LEISURE Wool Pull-On Pants, Main, color, BEIGE

ANINE BING Val Ribbed Wool Leggings, Main, color, CREAM

A.L.C. Spense Tie Waist Wool & Cashmere Joggers, Main, color, ARMY

A.L.C. Spense Tie Waist Wool & Cashmere Joggers, Main, color, ARMY

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I saw some at Sams club and I thought the same thing, they wouldn't hide a little tiny bulge.  You would have to be a stick to look good in those and even then its questionable!

If they are the DKNY Cashmere blend set I bought all four colors. I am not stick thin and I love them. They are so soft, warm, cozy and perfect for running around town or snuggling up on the couch. I am 59 and think they look really nice, thanks to Suzanne Somers and Katrina Szish column dressing is one of My favorite looks and these look so good done that way. They wash beautifully, I don't dry them in the dryer.

Yepper!

Esteemed Contributor

Cotton and cashmere blend

RAILS Women's Brook Tie Waist Knit Pants, Main, color, SAND

ULLA JOHNSON Rochelle Merino Wool & Cashmere Pants, Main, color, SAGUARO

wool and cashmere blend

ULLA JOHNSON Rochelle Merino Wool & Cashmere Pants, Main, color, SAGUARO

Esteemed Contributor

100% wool gaberdine

LAFAYETTE 148 NEW YORK Dalton KindWool Wide Leg Pants, Main, color, ULTRAMARINE

Merino Wool pull on

DRIES VAN NOTEN Tindra Merino Wool Drawstring Pants, Main, color, BROWN

Esteemed Contributor

I have Ralph Lauren sweater pants that I bought many years ago and I love them.  They look especially nice with cashmere sweaters.  I'm always on the lookout for sweater pants and skirts which I also have and love.  If I could find these pants in petite I would jump on them.  Mine do not show any lumps and bumps since they are not fitted.