Contributor

Re: Sweater Clips for open front cardigans

Great idea...thanks!

Regular Contributor

@LdyBugz, I'm not sure if anyone else posted about disliking open front cardigans, but I certainly did.  I remember the clips with the chain and the ones you show are much prettier.  I think the clip backs might work better with thicker knits than using pins.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Contributor

Nice idea!
A cloth belt can also keep open front cardigans closed. Now to find one that matches.
Trusted Contributor

@mb141312  Yep, it was you that made the post.  I just found it, and it was back on 9/12. I vaguely remember the clips with the chains, too.  I prefer the pins I discovered today.  😀

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not buying any pins for sweaters that don't have buttons.  I can just buy a sweater with buttons.  I don't like open sweaters/cardigans and don't buy them.  

These pins are a good idea for those who own some open flowy cardigans though.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently bought an Irish style pin and I really like it. Sorry the pic is so huge, I don't know how to reduce it. 

ADB24665-21D3-4DF3-BAB5-2AB5FEBF9D63.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Even doing this with the lovely pins won't help me.  I'm so cold natured.  I would assume a pin would not be enough to close the sweater all the way down.  Then, I'd want to be able to wear the sweater under a coat too....

It's so hard to find sweaters with buttons in larger department stores though.  Is it a cost saving measure doesn't anyone think?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I bought sweater clips from Amazon last year . Both with and without chains. Various metal finishes.

Most of the sweaters I make aren’t designed for buttons.
Trusted Contributor

There's always the infamous obi belt that the qvc hosts put with EVERYTHING a couple of years ago. Lol
Respected Contributor

I love those clips.  I too have arthritis in my hands and buttons can be challenging for me.   I like open front card is and the clips are a good option rather than those with the chain.  thanks for the info.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.