Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan stop calling Brenda

@wildcat fan wrote:

Although Beyoncé is famous and admired by many, I think she often comes across in a negative way, so I would not think it to be a compliment to be compared to her.  Brenda is Brenda.  Surely, Susan can come up with ways to compliment her in a more unique or personalized way than this same old same old overdone analogy.

None of my comparison was to Beyonce's behavior; only her physical appearance which, as I say, I think Brenda resembles.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see much of a resemblance. Brenda is very pretty. Beyoncé not so much honestly speaking

Respected Contributor

Brenda is beautiful. Brenda's beauty is her own brand. Equally beautiful to Beyonce. Beyonce's beauty is her own brand. I can see coloring similarities but that's it for me. I feel a little uncomfortable with Susan's comparison tonight, but it seemed to be done in what she feels is complimentary way . I personally don't think its the most sensitive thing to say, because I think Brenda is stunning in her own right.

Super Contributor

As long as Susan sells, she will be allowed to do whatever she wants.

She has become unwatchable for me.

Frequent Contributor

I have stopped watching her shows and buying her clothing.  Just too irritating for me.

Esteemed Contributor

What a thread ... Lol all we need now is the pop corn eating deer.Woman LOLSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I wish she'd stop insulting Brenda too.  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

What a thread ... Lol all we need now is the pop corn eating deer.Woman LOLSmiley LOL

@apple1964

image.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

@apple1964

image.gif

Thank you... I needed this. Love it!!!!!!!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

We are not privy to the story of how it started or if Brenda dislikes it.  I assume it would stop if Brenda was offended.

I speculate there's not really much back story regarding how it started.  What now seems like many years ago when Beyonce separated from being a part of Destiny's Child and became a hot name and face, Susan in her endless chatter would comment that she had Beyonce modeling for her.  It was meant as a compliment and not as some standard of beauty for the black models. There is a definite physical resemblance between the two women, and I would dare to say that if Brenda were in any way uncomfortable with looking like this celebrity she would probably opt for look which would eliminate some of the in your face similarities (hairstyle and color).  At a former workplace of mine there was an executive whom I reported to who constantly referred to me as Miss Ross, as in Diana.  It was a no harm no foul matter to me.