Honored Contributor

Re: Susan's bell bottom jeans

I heard her say that.  The ones she wears are too exaggerated for many of us, I'm sure she had to re-work them for the Qvc customer.   I believe she's been promising them for quite some time now.  I actually thought I'd missed out on them until I heard her.  It takes a long time to get from the design phase to on the racks.  I love the look, perhaps we'll see them in the spring.

Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I see SG in those bell bottoms, I laugh out loud. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I remember and wore bell bottoms in the 70s. I would not wear jeans that exaggerated anymore. I agree that she will probably tweak the style a bit for the Q customer. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I am so tired of seeing her in them.  They look ridiculous on her.. dragging on the ground... Woodstock come back in a bad bad way. They look dirty to me. Wonder if she has washed them lately...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

I am so tired of seeing her in them.  They look ridiculous on her.. dragging on the ground... Woodstock come back in a bad bad way. They look dirty to me. Wonder if she has washed them lately...

I just wonder if she has more than one pair; she wears them so frequently!

Contributor

I wore the big bell/elephant bells back in the late 60's and early 70's. You need to be tall and thin to pull the look off. When SG wears hers, I just don't like the look. Maybe in my mind the look is dated or she is just too short for that style. I for one will not be revisiting the big bell style.  Any time they try to bring back big bells, they don't last more than one short season. 

Esteemed Contributor

Susan looks like from another century in them. I won't wear them; however, I noticed Susan has really trimmed down in the last couple of years. I know she does Yoga and has gone athletic -- looks really really good with about l0-20 lbs. gone.  

Honored Contributor

I've heard it said that if a "new" style is the fashion (bell bottoms) and you've already worn that before in another decade, you're too old when it comes around again. So no bell bottom jeans for me, no mini skirts or high white patent leather boots. Been there...done that. 

Contributor

Why do women always think they are too old to pull off stylish things.  Stop putting yourselves down, ladies.  Wear what makes you feel good.  You are as young as you feel and present yourself......

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

I would disagree.  I think that she looks great in them.  That being said, she wouldn't wear "her" jeans.  Those are probably $150 or $200 jeans.I love flare jeans as long as they are not too exaggerated.  

I do not think hers are bell bottom.  They are flares.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"