Honored Contributor

Re: Susan's bell bottom jeans

@Redboots wrote:

I wore the big bell/elephant bells back in the late 60's and early 70's. You need to be tall and thin to pull the look off. When SG wears hers, I just don't like the look. Maybe in my mind the look is dated or she is just too short for that style. I for one will not be revisiting the big bell style.  Any time they try to bring back big bells, they don't last more than one short season. 

The look is far from dated.  It's fine if you don't like the look ,but it's in style.  I just got a new Anthropologie catalog and Sundance catalog, they are in there!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Late this summer I saw a lady getting out of her car at the grocery store with bell bottoms that looked, to my eye, exactly like Susan's. That same exact wash also. Maybe she bought hers in London too. I had to do a double take but they were that same exaggerated sweep and wash. 

Only way to wear them is almost dragging on the floor. At least that's how we would wear them back in the day.

Honored Contributor

I pulled this up for @NativeJax. Please enjoy.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

Whenever I see SG in those bell bottoms, I laugh out loud. 

I am so tired of seeing her in them.  They look ridiculous on her.. dragging on the ground... Woodstock come back in a bad bad way. They look dirty to me. Wonder if she has washed them lately...

I would disagree.  I think that she looks great in them.  That being said, she wouldn't wear "her" jeans.  Those are probably $150 or $200 jeans.I love flare jeans as long as they are not too exaggerated.  

I do not think hers are bell bottom.  They are flares.

@winamac1

I was thinking the same thing .... there's a big difference between bell bottoms and flared leg (boot cut) pants.   

Flared:

Related image

Bell Bottom:

Related image

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

To me bells are the same as flares. They are both close fitting in the thigh and knee. I'm just going by what is defined by google search.

@SilleeMee

The difference should be clear in Post # 34.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

To me bells are the same as flares. They are both close fitting in the thigh and knee. I'm just going by what is defined by google search.

@SilleeMee

@Tinkrbl44,

The model in the bottom pic is wearing wide-leg jeans. They are not bell bottoms because they are not fitted close around the knees.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SilleeMee

@Tinkrbl44,

The model in the bottom pic is wearing wide-leg jeans. They are not bell bottoms because they are not fitted close around the knees.

Tomato,  tomahto ....   I googled bell bottom jeans and this was one of the photos that came up.

Super Contributor

Hate bell bottom jeans... Makes Susan look fat and hippy... Not good for her height... Sorry all bell bottom lovers... Looks good on the college girls where I work...

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@tototwo wrote:

Whenever I see SG in those bell bottoms, I laugh out loud. 

I am so tired of seeing her in them.  They look ridiculous on her.. dragging on the ground... Woodstock come back in a bad bad way. They look dirty to me. Wonder if she has washed them lately...

I would disagree.  I think that she looks great in them.  That being said, she wouldn't wear "her" jeans.  Those are probably $150 or $200 jeans.I love flare jeans as long as they are not too exaggerated.  

@winamac1

I was thinking the same thing .... there's a big difference between bell bottoms and flared leg (boot cut) pants.   

Flared:

Related image

Bell Bottom:

Related image

Exactly!  Love the flare ones you posted and I have a similar pair!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Everything old is new again. ☮️