Super Contributor
She is not a seamstress. She called gathering, shiring. There is a difference. I bought a liquid knit I think about 20 years ago. It was a twinset. It was flimsy material stretchy. Kind of cheap looking and not cool for hot or summer weather.
Esteemed Contributor

I can't believe she chose that outfit to wear this evening. Looks terrible. 

Super Contributor

Re: Susan graver

[ Edited ]

I believe she is using shirring correctly.....she does know her stuff. But, I don't care for liquid knit either.

FEE35284-0412-401E-AAD7-C90FA4530CEE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@mjmm wrote:
She is not a seamstress. She called gathering, shiring. There is a difference. I bought a liquid knit I think about 20 years ago. It was a twinset. It was flimsy material stretchy. Kind of cheap looking and not cool for hot or summer weather.

Don't have to be a seamstress to know the terms.  I believe she knows what the correct terms.  You are bringing up a purchase from 20 years ago?

Respected Contributor

20 years ago I think she called it something else.  But not sure.  Maybe butterknit?

Fabrics change over the years.  

I'm not a liquid knit lover but I have a couple pieces and I like them.   I have a topper and top but the topper is a bonded liquid knit. Those are nice pieces and wear in fall.  

I have to say it does not wrinkle and stays looking nice.  

I think Susan knows her stuff or she would have been long gone.  Everyone has their own style and taste.  Lots of women purchase her collection.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know the names from long ago or even which brands some of the names belonged to.  That doesn't matter to me because as much as I might like to buy what we did 20, 30, 40 or more years ago at the prices of those times, we can buy only what's available today.

For any of you who didn't live through the 50's or 60's when the prices sound so enticing, millions of families were still recovering from both the Great Depression and WWII.  Those "cheap" prices were anything but in my neighborhood and definitely in our house!

Trusted Contributor

I don't find liquid knit to be flimsy at all.  Her peachskin fabric was, but that hasn't been around for decades.  I have many, many pieces of liquid knit that look just like the day I bought them.  I also get quite a few compliments on the tops I wear even if it's something I purchased years ago.  Her pieces served me well in my career and now my part-time job.  I have to look professional and those pieces do the trick. I do agree they may be too warm for the summer, but I don't work in the summer, so it's not a problem for me.  I did just buy one of her liquid knit dresses for a July wedding.  Everyone has different tastes.

Esteemed Contributor

About five years ago I bought a two piece set from Susan in her "plush" knit. It didn't look like LK at all, and I just love it and still wear it every winter. 

I'm not a print girl, and I don't like the look or feel of LK. Ladies constantly beg Susan for natural fabrics. She's finALLY been forced to do so. I guess if she does so, she's lost her polyester and that's her money maker.

Also, along with her huge prints are her forever tunics along with them. I believe fashion has moved on with her look. 

You couldn't drag my mother from polyester; she dearly loved it and always looked very nice, but even then not fashionable.

She's even taken to calling her cotton "Liquid cotton." 

I still watch her, hoping she will change. I don't see her changing her line and giving what her customers "beg" for.

That fabric looks so hot and heavy.

Respected Contributor

there is a 'fabric glossary' to click onto on her product pages that defines the fabrics sold. She sells many besides liquid knit.

Valued Contributor

I have found her skirts wear like iron.  I've had one maxi for about 15 years.  Still looks new.