Valued Contributor

I own too many Susan Graver tops to count--bought most of them while I was working--I've cut down a lot since I retired. I have noticed the price increases--and with tax and shipping, the price becomes unafforable--I cannot spent $60-$80 on one top!

I found that Bob Mackie tops fit me better now--and I like the quality. His prices have gone up too, but still less than most of the Graver ones. I love Mackie's scarf/caftan tops for the summer--worth the money--been wearing them for the last two summers--always comfortable and cool--wonderful patterns--very happy with his brand. I always get compliments when I wear Bob Mackie!!

Esteemed Contributor

I only have a few Susan Graver blouses, one of them, I have had for at least 5 years, thats probably the oldest Susan Graver item I have.

I don't wear it every day of couse, but the blouse has held up. It looks just as good now as it did when I first got it. I have a few other blouses of hers and they are the same way.

I was tired of looking for something to wear and the other night I ordered several Susan Graver items. I haven't recieved them yet.

But the reason, @Bicher  is because I cannot find anything in this podunk town that doesn't look like its either for a 100 year old or a 15 year old. I am beginning to think there are several ladies like me.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  And some of the others are the same beginning with LOGO.  D&C and some of the loungewear items are expensive as well.  I still purchase a few items, not as many as in the past.  I don't think I will stop shopping with QVC, and I am not complaining, just voicing my personal opinion. I have been getting some great bargains at my favorite discount stores.   And who doesn't like a great bargain?  It's all about your personal preference.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

SG and the models have a "tell" when there's something wrong ....

Models come out with their arms firmly pressed against their sides - hiding the seams.  Occasionally there's a wrong move and you can see the unmatched seam.

This morning on the vest - one of the models came out with it button.  SG sauntered over and unbuttoned it and spread the sides apart.

They are well aware of what they are sellng.   We just have to pay attention (if these sort of things matter to you).

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

It didn't bother me, I don't do a lot of prints, until I heard it brought up on this board a few times!

Now I notice! lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

I have stopped buying her tops...the huge, chiffon sleeves, cuffs, bell sleeves, etc. are awful. I almost ordered one until I read the details carefully and saw it had smocked sleeves.....darn! I really liked it. What’s wrong with a plain sleeve? Would love solid colors without chiffon or other sleeve treatments...guess will have to look elsewhere.

New Contributor

Susan, I love your clothing and have purchased a lot over the past 20 years.  Would you please let us know when you have pieces MADE IN USA as I would rather pay those high prices for MADE IN USA than for MADE IN CHINA, or wherever.

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

I love and have a lot of SG, but I only purchase TSVs, ODO or lunchtime specials any more. 

@Suzeecat 

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased much that wasn’t at a special reduced price of some kind. The regular prices they are selling things for horrify me. Way too high and have been for a long time.

Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bicher wrote:

Is it me or is Susan Graver getting more expensive. Over fifty bucks for a blouse is ridiculous. I will not purchase any of her items

I think Susan's prices are definitely on par with better quality blouses. I went to have lunch in Neiman's and on the way into the restaurant I saw a blouse that looked exactly like a Susan Graver blouse sold here. It was $600.00 and looked almost identical to Susan's...oh and yes it was 100% polyester. Susan's blouses are similar to NYDJ's blouses and they are going for $98.00 in Nordstrom's...so she is definitely not overpriced all things considered.

Yes, but I get free shipping at Nordstrom!  Q needs to take a page from Nordstrom on how to do a sale!

Respected Contributor

@Freulein551 wrote:

Susan, I love your clothing and have purchased a lot over the past 20 years.  Would you please let us know when you have pieces MADE IN USA as I would rather pay those high prices for MADE IN USA than for MADE IN CHINA, or wherever.

I thought it was kinda funny how when Susan pointed out her new tags this morning and she made an obvious attempt with her thumb to cover that big ole Made in CHINA tag right beside it. Too late and too funny.