Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

Maybe she had cateract surgery?

I never had to wear tinted glasses inside after cateract surgery... but maybe it was some other eye surgery.

After my cataract surgery I needed sunglasses frequently.  The removal of the cataracts eliminated the yellowing of vision.  However, any light coming into an area made me scrunch my eyes shut: it seemed " too bright " as the eyes weren't used to that level of brightness.

I noticed this when I had to attend a funeral in church and the light coming through the stain glass windows hurt my eyes unbelievably !

@jlkz @SeaMaiden 

I had that with my first eye but not with the second one.  It was so bad if I watched TV, it looked like people were bleeding around the creases of their noses and eyes.  Even when I was better, I could not ride in the car without being frightened of what looked like "waves of the ocean on the road."  I had a laser procedure after a few weeks that it did not go away and it totally corrected it.

Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Queen of shop wrote:

Maybe she had cateract surgery?

I never had to wear tinted glasses inside after cateract surgery... but maybe it was some other eye surgery.

After my cataract surgery I needed sunglasses frequently.  The removal of the cataracts eliminated the yellowing of vision.  However, any light coming into an area made me scrunch my eyes shut: it seemed " too bright " as the eyes weren't used to that level of brightness.

I noticed this when I had to attend a funeral in church and the light coming through the stain glass windows hurt my eyes unbelievably !

@jlkz   Did you have this procedure done in Florida?  May I ask where?  TIA  I have just the beginning of cataracts, but I find I need sunglasses whenever I am outside. Woman Frustrated

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Sorry, not in FL.   Best source for recommendations: Primary care doctor, folks who have had the procedure done locally, opthamologists, eyeglass stores, etc.

Mine was done by an eye doctor who used an independent surgery center.  He had used both laser and blade procedures and recommended the blade approach: his analysis showed no basic difference in results.  

However, the laser procedure was not covered by insurance and would cost the patient approx. $5000. (Forgetting if that was per eye or for both.)

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to respond, @jlkz .  I am not there yet and hopefully won't be for a long time, but any info is always helpful.

TA Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Sometimes the speed of growth in cataracts is amazing !  Better to be prepared with info !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill