Occasional Contributor
I agree! Its gotten worse over the years. Push, push, push to buy the item. And, I really wish she'd learn when to use the word "literally". I sound like I'm nit picking, but its in every sentence she speaks!
It has me turning off QVC now.
Does she read these comments?
Does management read them?
They should.
Honored Contributor

She's extremely successful.  Her line (in the past for sure) was the best selling of all the clothing on QVC.  The past 2 years or so has changed with Candace Bure & Barefoots Dreams, & Kim Gravel with new clothes that has exploded.  So she might not be as popular as she once was. But her clothes never lose their color, you never have to iron them, never lose their shape,etc.  So got out of the gate she went, knowing what women wanted. We've seen her beautiful home on a river.  So her clothes do sell.  Even putting up with her behavior on TV.

Honored Contributor

Susan is super hyper and over stimulated.....that saying, I feel she is probably a very kind and caring person.  

Honored Contributor

@KWestchester 

She does read the comments. 

She has made many "off-the-cuff" comments that indicate that she does read them.  She's even used some of our "slang" in her presentations.

She picks up phrases from here, and also from other vendors.  Just like she has said that she "graverizers" styles of other designers, she also "graverizes" their words.

----------------------------------------------

@KWestchester wrote:
I agree! Its gotten worse over the years. Push, push, push to buy the item. And, I really wish she'd learn when to use the word "literally". I sound like I'm nit picking, but its in every sentence she speaks!
It has me turning off QVC now.
Does she read these comments?
Does management read them?
They should.

Trusted Contributor
She probably gets a lot of one time buyers at get it caught up in her excitement. I saw her once on the set when she didn’t know that the camera was on her, and her persona was totally different than on air. Once She figured out the camera was on her, she got a big smile and was all giddy and hyper. So, I think it’s all a phony act.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Susan is super hyper and over stimulated.....that saying, I feel she is probably a very kind and caring person.  

Agreed, and even with that in mind, I press the mute button.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget, since most SG is made in China, 10-20% of the price of her clothing reflects the tariff on goods imported from China.  It's about time we got rid of that.  Other QVC lines have been importing from other countries so the prices seem more reasonable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

People say she wears her own clothes.  It's like she designs for her own size (XS) always works on women 5'4" 119-125 lbs.  She always looks good in her clothes. You can put them in dryer without ruining any of the clothes. I've posted to her on twitter and she always answers my questions. It is true that QVC's best model (Katia) has to be on her show. She always requests that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Susan's Liquid Knit must be declining as she is being forced into using fabric other than polyester. She also now seems to have become desperate in her selling. I think her fashion is old looking and she hasn't kept up. Her prints became more and more ghastly, and she got stuck on them. 

Anyway, I'm so glad Susan lets us know everytime Katia is with her that Katia is LONG AND LEAN. Bet you didn't know that....

Super Contributor

I almost hate to admit that I've been watching Susan for so long that I saw her kids grow up and remember her in-laws. Her mother-in-law, a very classy lady, was sometimes on with her. I was a working mom and I used to relate to Susan's stories about the challenges of balancing it all. She was honest and heartfelt about the struggle. Mary Beth too.  I think Susan hyper-ness has gotten worse over the years. In the beginning she didn't have all the same old "graverisms". She hadn't thought of them yet! I really don't care for liquid knit but I have purchased several of her jackets and coats. I love them and they're keepers. But I don't watch live anymore, I shop on line. Mostly because the hosts just aren't as fun to watch as they used to be.