Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver with Dark Hair

I think she looks great, but she needs to rethink how she does her remote presentations.  Last night she got up to twirl for the camera to show how the dress falls at the knee, but the camera didn't follow her and her knees didn't show on the screen.  She can't do like she did on a QVC stage.  Also, those huge photos on the wall in the background took up so much of the shot.  I've said it before, but worth repeating. . .the focus ought to be on the product.

Super Contributor

I agree about the pictures in the background taking attention away from the point of the presentation. 

Trusted Contributor

Susan mentioned today that she colored her own hair and it came out too dark. she's in the same boat as all of us.  LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I agree with Susan. Too dark!

I have lots of gray in my hair but I'm happy to say I haven't had it colored in at least a decade so I'm not in the position everyone else seems to be in! LOL (Not that it looks good but at least it doesn't look any different!)

Apparently the hosts have been doing their own make up and while some look great there's a few that probably should've been taking notes....

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA It's not the hair color which is making Susan's face look puffy, but the camera angle on her Skpe, plus like so many of us she may simply be a bit puffy due to this extended break from regular routines and disciplines. She may have some gray to cover, but not everyone in their early 60s has a lot of gray root.  I'm in my late 60s and don't have much gray at all. Whatever the case may be, I think Susan looks fine.  Her hair always looks better to me when she's a solid shade of brunette.  The highlights never look right on her to me.  The brown she has now may be the result of not the best choice in a home coloring product, but when the salons reopen I hope she sticks with a soft brunette. 

Trusted Contributor

I think Susan looks very pretty with the dark hair and younger..  I had seen her in person at one of her audience shows years ago and she is very young looking in person and very sweet to talk to.

Honored Contributor

@miata1 

I've always thought that Susan looked much younger than she is regardless of her hair color. If she's had work done then I need the name of her doctor!

Honored Contributor

What I was able to see or it, she was able to wear the darker color.  Most women welcome change.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I think the darker shade looks nice on her.

But I am not one to agree that you should always go lighter with age to begin with.

That to me is not an overall age game changer that works wonders for every woman

out there. Solely an individual thing.

I naturally have dark brown hair, medium brown eyes, and my skin undertone is pink.

I have tried many shades of lighter colors, and they just did not do a thing for me.

I always end up going back to a color close to my natural shade.

If it was not for my few grays, which I hate, I would not even color my hair at all.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I thought she always had dark hair.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.