Super Contributor

Re: Susan Graver with Dark Hair

With Susan, the focus is always on Susan with her constant chatter and dancing g around and shaking the garments!  I can't watch her.

Super Contributor

With Susan, the focus is always on Susan with her constant chatter and dancing around and shaking the garments!  I can't watch her.

Super Contributor

With Susan, the focus is always on Susan with her constant chatter and dancing around and shaking the garments!  I can't watch her.

Trusted Contributor

@CAMOGIRL : I'm somewhat similar to you. Olive coloring, naturally dark brown hair and eyes. I've been trying to go lighter because at 75 I don't want to look silly. My hairdresser has tried highlights while gradually trying to lighten the overall color.

Still cannot figure out what will look right. 
Having to go without coloring at this time is something I'm embracing because I want to see what my hair will do.

It grows fast and have to get it cut and thinned every 3 weeks and who knows how much longer it will be.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@ALRATIBA It's not the hair color which is making Susan's face look puffy, but the camera angle on her Skpe, plus like so many of us she may simply be a bit puffy due to this extended break from regular routines and disciplines. She may have some gray to cover, but not everyone in their early 60s has a lot of gray root.  I'm in my late 60s and don't have much gray at all. Whatever the case may be, I think Susan looks fine.  Her hair always looks better to me when she's a solid shade of brunette.  The highlights never look right on her to me.  The brown she has now may be the result of not the best choice in a home coloring product, but when the salons reopen I hope she sticks with a soft brunette. 

@Trix  same here.  I'm 65 and have almost no gray.  I do get my hiar highlighted 2x a year...the last time was in November so I'm due but I have no gray roots.

Esteemed Contributor

Hadn't even noticed.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

It may seem funny, but I think the darker color makes her look younger.

I think so too.  She looked really nice when I saw her.  Her show is definitely more watchable with her being seperate.  She was definitely calmer.