Respected Contributor

There's a Susan Graver tsv coming up-leggings. So here are my questions. 
Are leggings only for the young and slim? 
Can an older woman pull it off?

I can't stand the look of leggings with short tops or a half tuck. I don't want to see that much of anyone's anatomy. And I'm sure no one wants to see my 69 year old nether regions or saggy butt. 😬 So I'm thinking tunic length. But I'm also very aware that there's a fine line between looking hip and modern, and appearing foolish-old lady trying too hard. 

thoughts?

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

Re: Susan Graver tsv

[ Edited ]

I'm older than you and wear them with a longer top.  I'm slim but certain fluffy people can wear as well, just wear a tunic or longer top to smooth out things. You will look good. You should try a pair to see if you like.

Regular Contributor

I think they're fine as long as your butt is covered. I'm ordering and am older than you. Debating between PM or PL.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver tsv

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

I think it depends on your personal style and your life style.  

I'm older than you - average size - no curves. For me - it's an absolute NO.  Not my style and definitely there's nowhere I go where it would be appropriate for me to wear leggings.

Respected Contributor

Not to offend anyone....if you are not slim and have long legs they are a no.  Even if you are slim and have short legs and put on a tunic length top, not a good look. Of course, anyone can wear whatever they choose. 

Respected Contributor

Aha. Very enlightening responses. You ladies are blunt which is good. I live in Florida so I would get only limited use from these. Also I'm 5'4" with short legs and I'm about fifteen pounds overfluffy. 😉  I am visualizing that leggings and a tunic top may not be the best look for me. Want to see the presentation though- how they look on the petite and plus size models. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

I think they're fine as long as your butt is covered. I'm ordering and am older than you. Debating between PM or PL.

I am going up a size if I decide to get them 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Don't like leggings for many reasons.  IMO if you don't have nicely shaped legs--forget about the butt which can be covered by long tunics--leggings are not attractive on anyone.

Honored Contributor

I'm 60 and I don't think about my age when I am buying clothes, my age is irrelevant.  I think about my body type, how I want my clothes to look and my lifestyle.  For years, I avoided leggings like the plague. I don't have thin legs and I have a full "booty".  I bought a pair (I don't know why) for WWC and I paired them with a tunic I had in my closet but ever wore.  It didn't look right with pants, too long.  It was perfect with the black leggings and black mid calf boot.  Modern, fashionable and the black visually lengthened and slimmed my legs.  So, I added more black leggings to my wardrobe.  I would never in million years wear leggings or skinny jeans with a short top.  That's what tunics are for.  However, if you don't like leggings, don't wear leggings.  They aren't a fashion requirement for looking good.  

Respected Contributor

Personally, I think ANYBODY can wear leggings.  It matters what tops you pair it with; tunic vs. cropped top, oversized vs. slim fit.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York