Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver pricing, $96.00 for a jacket??

If it's well made...it is worth it. I like all the detail and might order one.

I don't buy much Susan Graver anymore because I am retired, but everything that I do have washes up nice and still looks new....

Contributor

I like a lot of Susan's garments, but they are starting to price me out.  Sorry Susan. 

Honored Contributor

It's all about value per wear. I'm going to spend more on a pair of jeans then I would on a shirt because I will wear that pair of jeans much more frequently than a single shirt. The same with a coat. If I lived up north I would be wearing a coat daily during the winter and therefore would get the value out of it. But living in Miami I don't spend a lot on jackets because I have little opportunity to wear them!

That doesn't mean I won't splurge on occasion on a beautiful blouse or top but it's definitely a more considered purchase then a pair of jeans for the same price

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This was a beautiful jacket and I didn't find it unreasonable for what you're getting.  I almost purchased it.

Honored Contributor

I don't think anone really believes that $96 is a fortune for jacket, a top, shoes, a bag or anything else.  Whether we shop in stores or online or with catalogs; we have all seen $100 clothing.  This price range might be more that we personally can afford or more than we personally want to pay for something but that doesn't make it expensive.  There is Easy Pay after all, which makes a makes that jacket affordable for anyone who wants it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I don't shop Susan Graver but I personally feel that $96 is about average where I live. How much do you all pay for your clothing?? I bought a lovely jean jacket (unlined) last Summer locally and it was $96 and I jumped at buying it. I love it and wear it all of the time. The older I get the more I don't buy cheap. Woman Happy

Well, I live in the Northeast, not NYC, so we can get the same jacket here for about half that. Just FYI.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I believe that 99% of the time you get what you pay for. No one will convince me that the stitching, fabric and overall appearance of "inexpensive" or "cheap" clothing looks or wears the same as a better quality item.

Trusted Contributor

ID2 WROTE: 

10-5-2020 11:23AM

I don't shop Susan Graver but I personally feel that $96 is about average where I live. How much do you all pay for your clothing?? I bought a lovely jean jacket (unlined) last Summer locally and it was $96 and I jumped at buying it. I love it and wear it all of the time. cheap.The older I get the more I don't buy cheap. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"

ID WROTE:

I got two shirts like this last Spring but they are a light blue for Summer. Got them as H&M. Mine were only $14 each! Love them! 

"Pure Michigan"

I would consider $14 cheap!
Contributor

Love H&M, and very good rpices there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the years, I bought two SG coats.  One was really junky (went into trash) and the other not-so-bad.  

I have some faux furs from DB and elsewhere - and my casual coats/jackets and foul weather coats come from LandsEnd.  

Before I retired, I would buy a new winter coat every year and by retirement date - I had a closet full of coats.  I don't expect that I'll have to buy another coat for the rest of my life.