Esteemed Contributor

Susan Graver pricing, $96.00 for a jacket??

Last night on the Graver show, Susan showed a water resistant jacket for $96.00. I was shocked at the price. Its not even a warm winter coat. There was nothing special about that jacket to warrant that price tag. Her prices for poly clothing is through the roof. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver pricing, $96.00 for a jacket??

I am not surprised. I used to buy a lot of her clothes. The prices have become so over-the- top I no longer buy them. I can buy similar, if not higher,  quality at my favorite boutique for less.

Honored Contributor

I don't shop Susan Graver but I personally feel that $96 is about average where I live. How much do you all pay for your clothing?? I bought a lovely jean jacket (unlined) last Summer locally and it was $96 and I jumped at buying it. I love it and wear it all of the time. The older I get the more I don't buy cheap. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Well it has many 5 star ***** Reviews.  I just looked at it and it's well 'built'......looks very warm with neck area protection and lots of insulation.

Sorry to disagree....but under $100 is a bargain for this type of winter wear.  I paid over $100 for similar last year at Lands'End.

Honored Contributor

I think it sometimes depends on how much use you get out of an item. If it is something I will be wearing alot I am willing to pay more. 

Honored Contributor

I don't find it unreasonable.  I paid much more for a similar coat from Eddie Bauer.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful jacket.  Nice reviews.  Price seems in line with similar jackets the Q offers.

Respected Contributor

I like some of Susan's clothing and I think the quality is very good.  I bought her TSV blazer and very happy with it.  However, I am retired and no longer need such "nice" clothing.  I cannot justify the prices if I don't get alot of use from the pieces. If I was still working, I would probably buy more especially at savings prices!

Respected Contributor

While I agree w/a few of the posters if u get repetitive use out of it - it’s a wise purchase . But putting that to the side, Susan Graver and majority of her prices are ridiculous. She has gotten slowly carried away over the last few years w/ her mostly poly liquid knit items. Also,I don’t live in a poor area and live in NYC suburb. I pay some of the highest taxes and prices in the country outside of California. I wouldn’t pay her prices for $95 rain jackets and $60-$70 poly blouses.,
Honored Contributor

I gave up when I saw that tapestry jacket for $130.  No way.  And I agree $96 for that jacket is about $25 too much.