Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver pants

[ Edited ]

I don't doubt that her knit pull ups fit well. It's not so difficult by comparison and is why they're so prolific on the shopping channels;  easier fit and less returns

Why not show us your trouser fit skills with a nice woven with a zippered fly??

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I don't doubt that her knit pull ups fit well. It's not so difficult by comparison and is why they're so prolific on the shopping channels;  easier fit and less returns

@Andreatoo 

I think the problem with that is the hip/waist ratio varies so much from individual to individual.  Unless it was a really stretchy fabric - I would expect there would be lots of returns.  

LandsEnd used to have chinos wth woven fly front and waistband .... but there were elastic inserts in the sdes of the waistband.  

If I want a fly front - I buy men's chinos.  Not much difference between hip and waist measurement.  They fit me really well.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Andreatoo 

I think the problem with that is the hip/waist ratio varies so much from individual to individual.  Unless it was a really stretchy fabric - I would expect there would be lots of returns.  

LandsEnd used to have chinos wth woven fly front and waistband .... but there were elastic inserts in the sdes of the waistband.  

If I want a fly front - I buy men's chinos.  Not much difference between hip and waist measurement.  They fit me really well.

Yes, for sure. Just think about the two of you -- how difficult would it be to make a woven pant style with a rigid waistband that would fit both of you (in the proper sizes, of course). From everything I've seen and read about your body types, you have very different shapes. (I doubt they would allow her to do what, say, Talbots does and include regular and curvy fits for many styles pants/jeans.)

Honored Contributor

@jonbon 

Oh come on! While I admit it's not as easy as stretchy pull on knits plenty of retailers sell woven trousers (and jeans) without offering 12 different 'styles' in every size! If they, the Q, can do a jean, with a fly, then clearly they can do another trouser (they choose not to).

And just because something is woven doesn't mean it has to preclude stretch...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@jonbon 

Oh come on! While I admit it's not as easy as stretchy pull on knits plenty of retailers sell woven trousers (and jeans) without offering 12 different 'styles' in every size! If they, the Q, can do a jean, with a fly, then clearly they can do another trouser (they choose not to).

And just because something is woven doesn't mean it has to preclude stretch...

Sure they do, but they don't all fit all women, do they? Smiley Very Happy I'm not saying it's impossible ... just difficult to do for a TV shopping channel most likely trying to minimize returns. (Spoken by a person who frequently suffers from back-of-the-waistband gap!)

Honored Contributor

I don't care for them either....they don't fit me well and I couldn't stand the swishing sound when I took a few steps! UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

@cookietruck wrote:

If Susan Graver is such a great pants designer, then why do all of her thin leg pants wrinkle at the knee?

@cookietruck ..... Susan proclaimed herself the best pants designer nobody else did!!!! .... she loves herself & never stops talking over the hosts .... I change the channel 🙃

Trusted Contributor

I love her pants. They are made well, and the sizes are always consistent. They wear like iron. 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I also love Susans pants .. but I have noticed that wrinkling at the knee

with the slim pants ....

I also buy a fuller leg so no problem there ....

Valued Contributor
They fit me perfectly.