Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver on Walmart.com

[ Edited ]

Reminds me of when Judith Ripka started selling jewelry here and her business sank. Saks, Bloomie's got rid of her jewelry. I was told she ruined her brand recognition.

If Walmart is selling Graver clothing for less, why buy it here??

Respected Contributor

Linea is also on Walmart website 13 pages.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW   All items on QVC are offered at the liquidation auction....Radley of London, Martha Stewart....No one is immune, so you could see any product being offered. 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   I'm wondering what makes an item 3rd quality.,,I'm sure there is a definition somewhere and it doesn't include returns because each of these pallets being offered includes a fairly large amount of the product being liquidated.

@Andreatoo wrote:

@LindaLatte 

My guess is that Chel is one of many individuals who purchase the palettes of assorted liquidated pieces that the Q offers. Unfortunately, if you look at the website, the products are generally designated as 3rd quality.

NC-Cuddl Duds-Isaac Mizrahi Live-Susan Graver, 384 units (0506150641)
NC-Cuddl Duds-Isaac Mizrahi Live-Susan Graver, 384 units (0506150641)
On-Air Retail Price: $21,116.21
Rocky Mt,NC-3rd Quality...
$768.00

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Wow!! I love Linea and will take a look. Thank you @IMW .

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 , Walmart itself isn't selling Graver.  It's a third party seller.  It's no different than buying from a third party seller on Amazon or buying from E-bay.  You can buy just about every brand they sell on QVC from someone on E-bay.  So I guess you have to decide if you want to buy from QVC or a third party seller buying pallettes of returns.

@Andreatoo , I'm not sure what third quality means but I've purchased items from Chel's Closet before on E-bay and I also purchase from another longtime e-bay seller who buys returns from all the shopping channels.  I've never had an issue.  I only buy items listed as brand new.  Most don't have tags. 

Respected Contributor

This is from the QVC Liquidation facts page regarding quality of liquidated pallets:

WHAT TYPE OF PRODUCT DOES QVC LIQUIDATE?

• 1st Quality — Discontinued and/or overstock merchandise that is considered new and contains no flaws or defects, however, may have box damage. Product is sold as is with no warranty or return privileges. 
  • 2nd Quality — QVC customer returned products that are eligible for sale through the QVC Outlet Stores. This merchandise consists of high quality customer returns that may or may not be in the original packaging or may have box damage. This merchandise may show slight signs of customer use or contain partial sets. Product is sold as is with no warranty or return privileges.
  • 3rd Quality —QVC customer returns that will show signs of use in varying degrees. Product may or may not be in the original packaging. Some items may be partials. Product is sold as is with no warranty
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11   Because there is a huge limitations on sizes, very few designs offered with no reviews, what is the return policy, sometimes I've seen the merchandise offered at very close to retail, and sometimes I've seen NO size listed (????)....so there are lots of reasons not to buy on Walmart.com, but once in a while you can score a real deal.  Is it worth your time.  I think that might be the deciding factor.

@Trinity11 wrote:

Reminds me of when Judith Ripka started selling jewelry here and her business sank. Saks, Bloomie's got rid of her jewelry. I was told she ruined her brand recognition.

If Walmart is selling Graver clothing for less, why buy it here??

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic   Thanks for posting this...I was wondering about the numerical designations.  Too bad these numbers are not included when purchasing from Walmart.com, it could make a huge difference if you are purchasing a #1 or a #3.  Maybe those numbers determine the mark down on the product....because I've seen merchandise with huge discounts and others very close to retail.   So you really are purchasing a pig in a poke, you take your chances.

@itsmagic wrote:

This is from the QVC Liquidation facts page regarding quality of liquidated pallets:

WHAT TYPE OF PRODUCT DOES QVC LIQUIDATE?

• 1st Quality — Discontinued and/or overstock merchandise that is considered new and contains no flaws or defects, however, may have box damage. Product is sold as is with no warranty or return privileges. 
  • 2nd Quality — QVC customer returned products that are eligible for sale through the QVC Outlet Stores. This merchandise consists of high quality customer returns that may or may not be in the original packaging or may have box damage. This merchandise may show slight signs of customer use or contain partial sets. Product is sold as is with no warranty or return privileges.
  • 3rd Quality —QVC customer returns that will show signs of use in varying degrees. Product may or may not be in the original packaging. Some items may be partials. Product is sold as is with no warranty

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11   I just looked and couldn't find any Linea (but I know it has been offered in the past).  But guess what,.,.,,I found diamonds and Rolex watches!  

@Trinity11 wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Wow!! I love Linea and will take a look. Thank you @IMW .