Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver looks great for pushing 60!

{#emotions_dlg.glare} I am not a fan of Susan's either. But, I must admit she does look good for her age group. She may have had work done? Who knows? She can well afford it.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

On 2/14/2014 gazelle77 said:

Is PUSHING 60 ancient or something?? LOL!

Obviously you are annoyed by her good looks and can't admit that she looks great for 60. You really do have issues.

Super Contributor

On 2/16/2014 MargieRJ said:
On 2/16/2014 expatgal said:
On 2/13/2014 SnuggleBunny said:
On 2/13/2014 gazelle77 said:

OP makes 60 seem ancient LOL!

What?? No I don't! I'm 65 so I know it's NOT ancient! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Also, I don't have a wrinkle on my face but I wasn't talking wrinkles - just how cute she is.

Not a single, itty, bitty wrinkle?{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

My maternal grandmother never had wrinkles. Some people have good genes.

Women in my family don't wrinkle - I'm 71 (close to 72) ... just a few itsy bitsy near the eyes when I smile or squint.

Occasional Contributor

Well, good for Susan looking that great at 60 (or any age). She's just pretty and shapely and has good genes and good people keeping her looking that way. I'm 9 years older and not so terrible and that's w/o fillers, just execise and trying to eat well.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Miss Fendi said: Susan just turned 60 in December. If you take care of yourself and don't let yourself go to pot, it's possible to look really good past menopause. Susan obviously takes cafe of herself and I think she looks great.

I have been taking care of my skin since I am a teenager. Never used soap on my face and used great skin care from the beginning.

I have fair skin and I was never a sun worshipper. Very careful about that. Even now I am covered with a top going into a pool and a hat.

And yet I have a turkey neck and my face is sagging. And below my nose to mouth lines I have deep cuts on both sides close to my chin. My face has definitely dropped.

I had a great complexion until menopause came around. For some it is definitely a ruination! So don't give me the baloney if you take good care of yourself. That's a bunch of hogwash. My mother and her sisters always had great skin until ole menopause came around.

You'd be surprised as to what menopause can do to you.

Super Contributor

She looks better since she took off those ridiculous extensions. Wish Lisa would, too. But, like Mary Beth, Susan's neck gives her age away. No fillers for that I guess.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/23/2014 Peg55 said:
On 2/13/2014 Miss Fendi said: Susan just turned 60 in December. If you take care of yourself and don't let yourself go to pot, it's possible to look really good past menopause. Susan obviously takes cafe of herself and I think she looks great.

I have been taking care of my skin since I am a teenager. Never used soap on my face and used great skin care from the beginning.

I have fair skin and I was never a sun worshipper. Very careful about that. Even now I am covered with a top going into a pool and a hat.

And yet I have a turkey neck and my face is sagging. And below my nose to mouth lines I have deep cuts on both sides close to my chin. My face has definitely dropped.

I had a great complexion until menopause came around. For some it is definitely a ruination! So don't give me the baloney if you take good care of yourself. That's a bunch of hogwash. My mother and her sisters always had great skin until ole menopause came around.

You'd be surprised as to what menopause can do to you.

Gravity affects everyone, Peg, no matter how good you take care of your skin. As Adrienne Arpel says that gravity causes sagging and sagging is what causes wrinkles. Although gravity comes to all, how much it gets your face depends on your particular face. For instance, if you have a round, full (fatter) face, you're going to have more face to drop. If you have a thin, angular face, gravity will be kinder. Round full fatter faces will usually have a double chin. Thin angular faces will have looseness but maybe not enough fat for a double chin.

So much of how we sag is genes determining how much we wrinkle and age. You can get firming creams that will "tighten" the sagging on face and neck. Gravity causes pores to enlarge, and you can apply skin care to reduce pores. Eye creams take care of dark circles, bags and wrinkles and can tighten.

So good skin care can still do it's share in the aging process. Retinol helps. A good surgeon is the only one who can take care of gravity.

Esteemed Contributor

She seems to have a very good life... And does not need to stress over money. And if need be she can have surgery on her face and whatever. That makes a difference and good genes help also.

Valued Contributor

She looks great because she has good genes, can afford fillers and all the skin work she wants. Of the other hand, I have had a disease for 21 yrs. and it shows. It caused me to gain weight and no amount of dieting takes it off. Every one has their own life to live and what they are dealt with.

Esteemed Contributor

She looks great -- and is quite energetic. She's doing something right! We may as well be happy for her. Throw some positive energy out there and we may get some good energy back...

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau