Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver cotton lawn tiered skirt

IMO it looks like a petticoat, but I am not a lacy ruffly type.  Even if I loved it I would not pay $80.00.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KKWAwrote:

Check out Linea A70208,  much more classy and only $58.00.

@KKWA and it comes in so many colors too!

Thanks for the item # : )

Honored Contributor

The board scold is at it again

Honored Contributor

I think the Graver skirt is very pretty.  It's long because it's a maxi skirt.  Woman Very Happy

IMO the Linea skirt doesn't even compare.  That's just an average, run of the mill, basic tiered skirt.  There isn't anything wrong with it but it doesn't have the same design quality as the Graver skirt.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCTwrote:

Just my thoughts here.  Even on tall models, it seemed to me this skirt was too long.  I am a fan of long romantic skirts in the summer, but this was over the top - my opinion.  I thought the layer of the lace on the bottom cheapened the design.  Of course, I am five-two, so this skirt would need some significant alterations to fit me!  

I like the lace on the bottom, but as someone who's not even 5' 2", there's no wiggle room on that skirt. I would have to pay a tailor to remove the border, shorten the a tier, then sew the border back on. All that would push that skirt well over the $100 mark and that's not worth it the money or the time it would take for me to drive back and forth to the tailor and get the fittings done.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderlandwrote:

@PamfromCTwrote:

Just my thoughts here.  Even on tall models, it seemed to me this skirt was too long.  I am a fan of long romantic skirts in the summer, but this was over the top - my opinion.  I thought the layer of the lace on the bottom cheapened the design.  Of course, I am five-two, so this skirt would need some significant alterations to fit me!  

I like the lace on the bottom, but as someone who's not even 5' 2", there's no wiggle room on that skirt. I would have to pay a tailor to remove the border, shorten the a tier, then sew the border back on. All that would push that skirt well over the $100 mark and that's not worth it the money or the time it would take for me to drive back and forth to the tailor and get the fittings done.

Actually on this type of skirt you would not touch the bottom - it would be shortened at the top - take off the elastic waist and cut it to fit then reinsert the elastic.

Respected Contributor

@151949wrote:

@Alison Wonderlandwrote:

@PamfromCTwrote:

Actually on this type of skirt you would not touch the bottom - it would be shortened at the top - take off the elastic waist and cut it to fit then reinsert the elastic.

That's still going to make it cost over $100 and a lot of my time invested in getting the tailoring done and still isn't worth it.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the cream color skirt and in my opinion it is worth $79.00.  I love the crochet work and lace because it looks vintage and very feminine.  

Different strokes for different folks. Smiley Happy