Honored Contributor

Susan Graver cotton lawn tiered skirt

It's beautiful IMO , but gosh! $72 +S&H +tax for a thin cotton skirt and a little bit of lace is out of my range. However, I am thinking I could probably makle myself one very similar for half that much. Thanks for the great idea Susan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver cotton lawn tiered skirt

Woah - it's up to $80 now, $3 S&H and $5.60 tax where I live would make it $88.60. 

I'm off to the fabric store!

Contributor

I just looked at the video of the skirt......beautiful and yes you could probably make it.....I make my own skirts and camisoles for yrs ...

But I figure the cost of good quality lace alone would be out of sight....about 5 yrds of the narrow lace...2 rows...

about 6 yrds of the bottom wide lace

and fabric for the body of the skirt and 

then the lining.....thread...lots of it...and waist elastic.....

I wouldn't buy it ....too much $...but wouldn't make it either.

I hope you give it a try.....let us know......

I make all my skirts...plain and easy...but I use good fabric.... very inexpensive to make.... but costly to purchase here at the Q or any store...

Esteemed Contributor

Just my thoughts here.  Even on tall models, it seemed to me this skirt was too long.  I am a fan of long romantic skirts in the summer, but this was over the top - my opinion.  I thought the layer of the lace on the bottom cheapened the design.  Of course, I am five-two, so this skirt would need some significant alterations to fit me!  

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

It's beautiful IMO , but gosh! $72 +S&H +tax for a thin cotton skirt and a little bit of lace is out of my range. However, I am thinking I could probably makle myself one very similar for half that much. Thanks for the great idea Susan.

Where is this skirt? I don’t want it to sell out before I see it. 😬

Valued Contributor

Check out Linea A70208,  much more classy and only $58.00.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@KKWAwrote:

Check out Linea A70208,  much more classy and only $58.00.

This skirt doen't even begin to compare, design wise, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCTwrote:

Just my thoughts here.  Even on tall models, it seemed to me this skirt was too long.  I am a fan of long romantic skirts in the summer, but this was over the top - my opinion.  I thought the layer of the lace on the bottom cheapened the design.  Of course, I am five-two, so this skirt would need some significant alterations to fit me!  

I think the lace on the bottom made the skirt elegant.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.