Contributor

Is it me or has her clothing line gone way up in price?  I love most of her designs but over $60 for a top, really!!

Valued Contributor

Her prices are ridiculous for cheap polyester that she show cases as "liquid knit." Not only that but her prints are way over the top, too bold, thus adding 20 lbs to any figure.  Don't like her or her designs

Trusted Contributor

Not just SG but all the lines.  I just checked a pair of shoes being offered at clearance on QVC 2 and they're over $100.  That's ridiculous.  I wanted to order one of SG's tops this morning, but it's nearly 70 dollars.  Her tops have almost doubled in price in recent years.  

Respected Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Her prices are ridiculous for cheap polyester that she show cases as "liquid knit." Not only that but her prints are way over the top, too bold, thus adding 20 lbs to any figure.  Don't like her or her designs

QVC owns the line, and sets the prices.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver clothes

[ Edited ]

I had barely set my price limit for her tops at $50 before they've jumped to $60 in many cases.  No more new SG tops for me these days.  And I love her line.  Wish all my clothes were liquid knit!!!!

Respected Contributor

I agree with previous poster, all lines of fashion have had price increases.  I ued to buy LOGO once in a while, now at nearly $70 for most items, I can't and won't pay that.  I haven't purchased any clothing from QVC in many, many months.  Stopped watching many shows too. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, SG's tops are expensive and evidently not for everyone if they add a considerable amt of weight to the OP's figure. I don't have trouble with that thankfully and order her clothing when I find something I like. They don't stretch out, the material retains its color and they last forever. I still get compliments on my tops from her that are 7 yrs old.

Honored Contributor

IMO the difference between QVC and other retailers is that the Q offers no real sales.  I don't know of any other retailer that keeps inventory for years.  Macy's offers tops at $70+ but at some point if the item isn't selling it is reduced or coupons are offered.  There is nothing unique about SG or QVC that can't be found elsewhere for less.  But I guess many people are addicted to QVC and don't mind overspending.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO the prices on all clothing have increased substantially.  If this trend continues, they will be putting some lines out of reach for some customers.  And, charging $6.95 to return an item is ridiculous!!!  The hosts tout easy returns, for any reason.  

Respected Contributor

I love Susan's tops, but I do feel that the prices are now out of control. I am limited in what I can purchase as I live on a fixed income.