Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver at Marshalls?

Thanks, I will look. I guess I have to look to see if we have a Marshalls in our area. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Nothing like being in a country setting with no place to shop but Walmart and catalogs.

Respected Contributor

I used to buy a lot of her peachskin. A co-worker of mine wore a blouse made out of the exact print fabric, except it was in a different color way. She bought it at a local dept. store and the label was not SG (can't remember what it was). I guess that's how she gets around the "exclusive to QVC" claim.

Trusted Contributor

TJ Maxx and Marshall's buy and sell overstocks, end-of-season fashion "leftovers", etc. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some SG overstocks made it to their racks and perhaps the racks of other off-price stores that sell overruns. These stores sell lots of handbags and other brands and items that are sold on QVC.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 suzeecat said:

I used to buy a lot of her peachskin. A co-worker of mine wore a blouse made out of the exact print fabric, except it was in a different color way. She bought it at a local dept. store and the label was not SG (can't remember what it was). I guess that's how she gets around the "exclusive to QVC" claim.

I had a similar thing happen to me. I bought one of Susan's quilted jackets last spring and later when I got together with a friend she had on the same jacket with the exact same print lining but under another label that she bought at a local department store. I was surprised.

Valued Contributor

Thanks ladies for posting this info. Very surprised as Susan always says she is exclusive to QVC! Will check out Marshalls and TJMAX from now on.

Honored Contributor

Susan is exclusive to QVC. If there are items at places like Marshalls or TJMaxx it's because it's overstocks. It's not like SG is designing items for TJMaxx or Marshalls.

I've seen items in both of those stores that had QVC ""inspected by"" stickers on them.

Honored Contributor

She is exclusive to QVC. The sweater just looked like one of hers. When it comes to fashion, there is nothing that hasn't been done before. I know people have been claiming that they see QVC stuff all over the place but it's only people on this board who say that. No one I actually know has ever said that.

Honored Contributor

We have a Marshall's in our area, I'm going to check it out, SG is too expensive any more on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I've seen her things at Hamrick's. a small chain in the SE. They sell mostly regular lines of clothing with names that you'd recognize ordinarily and see in many department stores, but they also at times purchase overstocks, so you never know what extras you'll find. From time to time I'll see a display of SG clothing, with all pieces selling for $10.