> $59  = approx.. 350 items

$58-$49 = approx. 600 items

$48-$39 = approx. 1000 items

<$39 = approx. 2600 items

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan Graver, at $60 each piece, I can't afford your clothes any more

@millieshopswrote:

@febe1Some years back, a poster commented that she was guilty of buying clothes for the life she wished to live instead of for the one she actually found herself living.

I bet that over the years I've also wasted lots of money that way.   Fortunately, I haven't done that here at QVC.  In my life, there's no reason for me to buy Louis or Bob Mackie (I did buy a BM silk scarf years and years ago and it's gorgeous still), but overall my life is so casual and my body is so different from the models the men favor that I've stayed away from them.   Still, I don't doubt they work for the many who love them.

As I said in my previous post on this topic, what I buy from Susan may cost a bit more to begin with, but overall the quality has justified the price -  and the styles fit the life I lead.  As I barrel toward being 80, I truly do not expect great changes requiring a new wardrobe.

@millieshops, I just keep myself aware of what competitors are pricing; however, if I like something I'm willing to pay for it. The problem with me is I just don't see much I like about what Susan is offering now. She used to be my favorite, but I haven't bought from her in several years. It's not the price; it's her collections are no longer for me. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:
.......  I just keep myself aware of what competitors are pricing; however, if I like something I'm willing to pay for it. The problem with me is I just don't see much I like about what Susan is offering now. She used to be my favorite, but I haven't bought from her in several years. It's not the price; it's her collections are no longer for me. 

@febe1

I go in spurts with SG.   I lke her chiffon vests, tunics and tops and tend to buy them if the the colors and prints work with my other clothes.  The vests are the perfect additional layer for my LOGO.

Frequent Contributor

@sol_lunawrote:

Her cheap-looking, polyester tops, pants, dresses, etc. (made in China items) look like they cost her NO more than $10 - $20 to make. MAJOR rip-off. I've seen some of her hideous print tops at thrift stores, selling for less than $5. Even at that price, I wouldn't buy them. She calls herself a designer - LOL - she's a manufacturer.

Well said!...That's exactly what my friends & Family thinks too!...we often laugh at her prices.

Esteemed Contributor

I like her sweaters.........I have had a few now that are 3 years old that still look new, Other than that, I don't buy anything because they are out of my budget since I am retired.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshopswrote:

@febe1Some years back, a poster commented that she was guilty of buying clothes for the life she wished to live instead of for the one she actually found herself living.

I bet that over the years I've also wasted lots of money that way.   Fortunately, I haven't done that here at QVC.  In my life, there's no reason for me to buy Louis or Bob Mackie (I did buy a BM silk scarf years and years ago and it's gorgeous still), but overall my life is so casual and my body is so different from the models the men favor that I've stayed away from them.   Still, I don't doubt they work for the many who love them.

As I said in my previous post on this topic, what I buy from Susan may cost a bit more to begin with, but overall the quality has justified the price -  and the styles fit the life I lead.  As I barrel toward being 80, I truly do not expect great changes requiring a new wardrobe.

I hear what you're saying, @millieshops. Like you, I only need so many casual clothes now that I am retired. When you're happy with something you buy, it's just not worth the difference in price to take the time to go hunting down the best price.

I, too, when I like something I will balance what I happen to "know" its worth and what I know is overpricing, and is the difference worth the bother. I hear when you're happy you're happy. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I wish she would use another fabric other than polyester.  I stopped buying almost all of her clothing.  Isaac uses more variety.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I'm sure if you want something ,you buy it @151949.....I don't think people should have  to take a survey, before they make a purchase

I agree, @cherry. When I really like something, I'm not going hunting for $5. or $l0. difference. I get all kind of catalogs, and I can see what I'm paying for. I don't have to go wandering through stores. 

My going through sales racks in dept. stores are over. I simply don't need that many clothes any more. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1wrote:

@Carolmwrote:

Sorry, @Blingqueen023 but I believe Mr. Mackie's prices are less.  I have my eye on three of his tops and they are all under $50.00.  Linea is less pricey than Graver, but I cannot speak for Mizrahi.  Susan Graver's tops are much more than most of the other designers.

There was a time when "in-house designers" were always less than name designers. The Q sells them much more in the thousands and there's no middle man for them, so they make more money and should allow a small better price for the buyer.

The same goes for Denim & Co., they were always a value. Not so anymore.

I can afford whatever the Q offers, but I also have the brains to understand and compare prices. I have the choice of buying where I please and do so.  

@febe1

Well said! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I prefer Isaac M. and Denim & Co. they use natural fabrics.I think Susan Graver is beautiful and lovely and very talented, but I don't wear dressy clothes like the liquid knit and I prefer cotton tops so her collection is not for me.

I do own 4 of her tops a woven, lace tank, and two chiffon tops and I am happy with them, but a little goes a long way.