Trusted Contributor

Susan Graver, at $60 each piece, I can't afford your clothes any more

I own a lot of SG clothes from way back when she first started on QVC. I am done. The last 3 items in the 4 o'clock show are over $60---a cardigan/shell, crop pants and now a dress. Just turned the channel. I guess they want new customers, because I am not the only one tuning out and not buying. New customers will have to find out yet, what that polyester gets you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver, at $60 each piece, I can't afford your clothes any more

I know. I love her two piece sets esp the longer cardigans. They literally last forever but the price hike is crazy. I think the Q sets the price.  There are four colors I want to order. 

13E9DB45-3FC0-4736-9909-1B194EA2D088.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I always say to each her own, up to 

each woman regarding what she wants to spend on clothing. But I recently purchased three Ralph Lauren pieces for a cheaper price than that top. I just don't see how $60 (plus shipping plus tax if your state taxes clothing) for a polyester top is justified. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Susan, as the in-house designer, is price higher in many items than IM, Bob Mackie, and Louis. 

She's popular, and like Logo, the Q is "making hay while the sun shines." 

It's just like your groceries and everything else: supplies and demand.The Q will charge as high as you will pay.

The Q will show and show them, until they "wear them out." And on to new and better things. 

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@geegerbeeI'm sorry you can't afford Susan's pieces because thousands of us do just that every time she's on and I've rarely been disappointed.  Further, on a cost per wearing, I often find them a batter buy than cheaper clothes I have to wear only in the house after a few washings.  Now THAT really ticks me off!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, @Blingqueen023 but I believe Mr. Mackie's prices are less.  I have my eye on three of his tops and they are all under $50.00.  Linea is less pricey than Graver, but I cannot speak for Mizrahi.  Susan Graver's tops are much more than most of the other designers.

Respected Contributor

@Carolmwrote:

Sorry, @Blingqueen023 but I believe Mr. Mackie's prices are less.  I have my eye on three of his tops and they are all under $50.00.  Linea is less pricey than Graver, but I cannot speak for Mizrahi.  Susan Graver's tops are much more than most of the other designers.

Let’s agree to disagree.  I buy his clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carolmwrote:

There was a time when "in-house designers" were always less than name designers. The Q sells them much more in the thousands and there's no middle man for them, so they make more money and should allow a small better price for the buyer.

The same goes for Denim & Co., they were always a value. Not so anymore.

I can afford whatever the Q offers, but I also have the brains to understand and compare prices. I have the choice of buying where I please and do so.  

Trusted Contributor

I think the quality of Susan Graver's products are excellent; however, her regular prices are also too expensive for me; however, I check often for her items when on sale, clearance, lunch time specials, etc. and have been lucky to find some very nice items at very reasonable prices.