Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver - anyone else?

I like some of her clothing when they're on sale.  I don't understand people liking them because they "wear like iron"???  I don't want my clothes to last forever and I can never remember getting rid of an item because it wore out regardless of the brand.

And agree that her items are boring and similar now can be found on D&C, IM and others.

I prefer the JM brand at Macy's.  Very similar and a lot less expensive.

@ALRATIBA  I will take this opportunity to say "goodbye".  I think you live in Manhattan where we hope to be buying a place soon.  I've enjoyed your posts.  Stay safe!

Honored Contributor

years ago when I was working retail and in my 40's  I bought and wore a lot of her fashion. I think my taste has changed now 20 years later... and her clothes are just too much for my retired lifestyle.

Plus, her pants are always flood length style today... SHORT... I can not figure that out....

Valued Contributor

Prices are ridiculous now. I find better styles & pictures prices at chicos & talbots. Faster shipping too
Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

years ago when I was working retail and in my 40's  I bought and wore a lot of her fashion. I think my taste has changed now 20 years later... and her clothes are just too much for my retired lifestyle.

Plus, her pants are always flood length style today... SHORT... I can not figure that out....

Maybe the majority of the pants are "ankle pants" or "cropped" because they take less fabric to make, and she feels these fit a range of heights. I agree with you, I would prefer full-length pants, especially for fall and winter.   

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

Too bad about the forums - it's been an enjoyable few years.

• Best wishes for success in your apartment search. 

Yes - I live in Manhattan.  Warm humid day today.  I passed a couple of indoor/outdoor restaurants on my way home from the supermarket .... perfect day to eat outdoors and the restaurants are all busy!

---------------------------------------

@kaydee50 wrote:

I like some of her clothing when they're on sale.  I don't understand people liking them because they "wear like iron"???  I don't want my clothes to last forever and I can never remember getting rid of an item because it wore out regardless of the brand.

And agree that her items are boring and similar now can be found on D&C, IM and others.

I prefer the JM brand at Macy's.  Very similar and a lot less expensive.

@ALRATIBA  I will take this opportunity to say "goodbye".  I think you live in Manhattan where we hope to be buying a place soon.  I've enjoyed your posts.  Stay safe!

Respected Contributor

I haven't bought Susan's clothes in the last year.  I stocked up on some of her tunics at a discount store and am tired of the styles.  I still have some of her pants and like them.  Strangely for me, I actually went into some local stores at the Malls in my area and discovered I like touching and seeing clothes in person.  Haven't done that in years (I mask kn95, sanitize like crazy and keep my distance from others).  That appeals to me since sizes seem to be more inconsistent now.   I just received a pair of Birkenstocks (HSN) that are too big (I sized up based on the on line instructions) and pants (QVC) that are bigger than the measurements posted.  Makes driving and buying in person more appealing to me when I need something.  I too am a long time buyer and I recall when sizing was a lot  more consistent.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma 

When Chico's has a sale, they really have "A SALE."  And - merchandise is good quality.  My tailor even remarked on the quality of some Chico's pants I bought in to be shortened.

I've been a Passport member for years ... never paid shipping.  

-------------------------------------------

@HB glamma wrote:
Prices are ridiculous now. I find better styles & pictures prices at chicos & talbots. Faster shipping too

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 I usually like clothing that holds up well (wears like iron). Obviously, not literally. I don't care for trendy clothing (distressed jeans with big holes in them, for example, or layers of clothing piled on top of each other). Linea was my favorite designer on QVC. Sadly, he is no longer affiliated with QVC. QVC seems to be attempting to appeal to a younger demographic. Perhaps it is time for me to move on to other shopping options at other places. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the  newer styles are not for me.  I haven't bought from her line in several years now, but I love the fact that they last.  I don't get bored with my clothing and I certainly don't want them to wear out!   I have so much it's ridiculous and I always say I don't need another thing.  Of course I did purchase from Chico's over the past year and half several times.  The sales, free shipping and good quality was too much to pass up!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Susan's clothes and own a closet full! That said, I must admit overall prices are continuing to escalate. I believe not only Susan but many other designers including Dennis Basso have shown a significant mark-up. I am now looking out for "as is" items as one way to defray costs. I constantly compare pricing and watch the lunchtime specials carefully. Alas everything is going up in price. I almost had to take out a loan when I got a huge grocery order the other day! Smiley Wink