Valued Contributor

Re: Susan Graver, Your viewers/customers are not stupid!!

millieshops, I have never "noticed" (they may have) any clothing designer covering the tag(s)!

I never told anyone not to buy SG, which includes you.

If I don't want to buy SG, I sure can spend enough money on other items to HELP the QVC economy.

Valued Contributor

I said SG customers are not stupid.  I didn't call anyone stupid, including you!

Valued Contributor

Everyone has their opinion and I'm okay with that.

I'm just saying that Susan covers the tag "ON TV" if the garment is not US made.

Other vendors may do so; but I can honestly say I have never noticed it.

I do know that online it tells where the garments are made and no one blacks them out.  All I'm saying is that covering a tag on a live show doesn't look honest.

Honored Contributor

I saw her pointing at a tag not covering one up besides I couldn't have read it if I wanted to!
Honored Contributor

We live in a global economy - we buy from China and they buy our cars and other things. Farmers sell a lot to be shipped overseas.Go to any seaport and see all the ships being loaded with American items going overseas. They also buy our oil and gas.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

It comes down to the all mighty dollar... SG could care less about having garments made in the USA... she wants them made where she makes the most per garment. I do not trust a word out of her mouth.... like some politicians  I know....

She is running a business so, OF COURSE, she wants to make the most per garment.  That is how for profit businesses are run and is no different than every Mom and Pop business.  The point is to make as much profit as you can.  Sure those profits go to pay, often times, highly paid CEO's but they also are used to pay the employees of that company - less profit ultimately means fewer employees.  

Respected Contributor

Susan DOES "announce" & point out when her garments are USA made, if not she doesn't mention it & YES she does cover the tags. I like Susan's clothing, & I buy things (not just SG) according to my taste in clothing, not where it is made. More of our products are foreign made than made in USA, I am sure.

Respected Contributor

Not sure why she mentions where her garments are made.  If she was 100% USA, I could understand.  I buy what I like.  Her pointing out a made in the USA garment doesn't move me to make a purchase.  I must be the stupid one since I've never paid attention to what you are pointing out here. 

Respected Contributor

The Monkey on My Back

Trusted Contributor

@LMsc wrote:

I agree that most clothing is made outside the US, but Susan Gravers prices have gotten much more expensive considering the fabrics used. She also is the only vendor that I have seen that deliberately covers up the label to hide where they are made - especially when she us singing the praises of her "exclusive and expensive premier knit."

This. It's not as much about where they are made, but the sneaky way she tries to cover the label up, as if people aren't going to see it when they get it home. 

if she is proud of where they are made, then don't do the juvenile finger routine.