Honored Contributor

@lovethgedress  And the liquid knit fabric - let's bottom line it, polyester now with spandex personified that's EVERYWHERE but called everything under the sun.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Janey2   And that's fine to spend or be able to spend a decent amount of money on clothing items if they're truly worth it. I'm talking really good fabrics but this is poly span. It's everywhere for many price points and I'll give you not all poly span. Some folks just draw the line with this type of fabric.

Honored Contributor

I liked the length and I liked the prints.  However, I didn't care for the rouching on the sides of the legs.  On some of the models, it looked like the rouching made the pants sort of balloon out.  Not a good look on me.  So I settled for one of the prints in the flutter sleeve top.

Honored Contributor

Pants like that might cost $100, but they wouldn't be liquid knit.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Maybe o/t

But that sleeveless tie top...

the “V” would hit me at my belly button.!

@LTT1 

Really?! What are you? 2'8"? 😘

I did laugh really hard when Rachel said that it was a $102! Nothing wrong with the crops but come on!

Honored Contributor

I never pay attention to QVC's price comparisons.  After all, you can buy anything at 10Xs the price than you would typically pay.  There are distressed jeans that go for $30, versus putting a designer label on the same pair and they cost $495 -- same exact quality jeans.  But I know I would never have paid $495 for distressed jeans.

So that $102 reference does not bother me at all.  They could have said $302 for all I care.  When I do price comparisons I ask myself what would I pay elsewhere for a similar style of pants. If I liked the pants (which I do not), I would probably pay up to $40 for a style like that at Burlington, or a similar store. 

But that isn't a compelling sales tactic is it?  "You can get these at retail for $40!" They have to compare it to the outrageous price possibility, to try to reel you in.  It's Sales.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have not seen anything of Susan's that I wanted in a long time, and I was an avid purchaser of her clothes for many years.  Printed capris really have a limited life span, especially when looking at cost.  I always look forward to her tsv's, but I am not buying.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV

[ Edited ]

I'm not interested in buying the pants, but I just looked at the video to see what everyone was talking about how they looked on the models.

I got as far as 28 seconds when Katia (sp) comes out in the green outfit .. the whole look is ruined because you can see the wrong side of the fabric on the flounce of the sleeves.  

Re liquid knit bottoms .... I tried them early when she first did LK bottoms and they were entirely too thin to wear out of the house.  I wear them as pj bottoms.

Then, SG said they were using a pant weight LK.  I tried a pair ... a bit better but still not what I cosider a good fabric for bottoms.  

So - no more liquid knit pants for me.  Just not a fabric I want to wear as pants.

The SG pants I do like is the lustra knit.  I have quite a few pairs.  My favorite Lustra Knit is the style with the pintuck in the leg .... but she doesn't make them anymore.  

I'm about to leave for Church - and I'm wearing the LK pintuck pants in navy at the moment, white turtleneck from LandsEnd and a Chico Travelers jacket in an abstract print in navy and white.  Shiny black rain shoes (look like patent leather) ... we had rain and there's always puddles on the corners.

Honored Contributor

I don’t wear crop pants so not buying. If I did I would not like the ruching at the hem - that would be uncomfortable on my legs. The ruching makes the pants bunch up and look a bit full on the legs. Not my style.

The price is ok. I have seen crop pants from another brand sold on the Q for $60. I have seen less & more expensive crop pants in my local stores. I have spent anywhere from $10 - $100 on full length pants. A good pair of pants that fits is worth a higher price to me. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree!  No way do these retail at $102.  They`re barely worth $40.