Regular Contributor

Re: Susan Graver TSV this Thursday

I like this top.  I love cowl necks on myself and am excited that it's removable.  I also like the tunic length on myself and the colors look fun.  If it wasn't just after the holidays, I would probably buy more than one (just in case something terrible happens to the first one, you know?), but the price is stopping me.  

My mom and sister are not interested in this top.  My mom doesn't like cowls, removable or otherwise, and my sister doesn't need another tunic EVER.  Her closet is being taken over by leggings and tunics.  I have shown the top to both of them, and though it isn't their style, both remarked about how it seems like mine. 

I love how style  and fashion can be so individual.  What looks good on one person can look terrible on another. I also like having the freedom to express opinions, though I try to stay positive or not offer one.  

I am excited to see the presentations to get ideas on how to style this particular top. 

Esteemed Contributor

Since you asked....Mine did NOT have any odor at all.

Occasional Contributor

I don't buy a lot of Susan Graver because I am busty and her tops are usually tight on me in that area.  But I have two of her brushed back knit pullovers -- A261276 and A321227.  These are about the most comfortable and versatile pieces I have in my wardrobe, I absolutely live in them.  This TSV is a little different, but that neck piece is removable and I like the length.  However, I think I will pick up A261276 in another color instead, I don't think I have ever owned a top I wear as much as that one, Susan really nailed it.  iMO, the brushed back knit cannot miss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with it at all but I do think it's horribly overpriced, especially for what is supposed to be a TSV.  I'd probably buy this if I saw it in a store for around $20.00 or less.   

ITA

I like the pink and that yellowish color.  I won't be buying as I rarely buy Susan Graver.  Something (on me) is always off.  I don't like the fit.  And, as you stated, this is way too expensive for a TSV.  

I like Athletic-type tops as I like being cozy on the weekends, but this won't be coming my way.

This would be a special value had it been less than $30.  I think her prices anymore are egregious considering the quantity she sells.

Logo is also going up super high.  I don't find $60 too much for a nice top that I love, but some of Logo tops are close to $80 before shipping/handling and tax.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been disappointed in the pricing of Graver things these days. She is a designer, yes, but she's exclusive or nearly to QVC so this isn't Isaac Mizrahi or anything like that. But her pieces are commanding almost $10 more on average. 

I still ordered 2 of the tunic as I can see the fit is flattering and I've been wearing white a lot (always need black) and I love cowl necks. I've been wearing a Mizahi infinity scarf in a tile print all week in the cold and I love how it looks and how warm it is.  Had the price been better, I'd have ordered the chartreuse (love that color) but it's too expensive to do three.

I just don't think this was a superior deal. it's the first Graver thing I've gotten in a while. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I see SG has been tuned into LOGO shows.  "Antique White" .

Honored Contributor

I don't think I care for the front seams on this garment.  Passing.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan needs to get a grip on her quality control. I once could depend on sizes, but no more. It's hit and miss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

I see SG has been tuned into LOGO shows.  "Antique White" .

I don't believe the vendors name their colors.  I believe someone at QVC does.  That's why many times both the hosts and the vendors are stumped about the color names.

Valued Contributor

I do not care for the color choices at all. The shape is not flattering either....I will stick with LOGO!