Esteemed Contributor

I don't really know how her prices compare to clothing in stores because I rarely shop in a mall.  But I do think there is a huge mark up on her clothes.  They are made overseas with, I assume, much cheaper labor.

Susan tries to justify the value by talking about how expesive the fabric is -- especially the print fabric that has to be screened over and over with each new color.  She also talks about the notched V being so much more than a straight V neck, and hand sewn beading, etc.  I am sure there is some truth to all that.  But with the volume that she does, her prices still seem to high for me.  I have my own limit when it comes to her clothes.  Even her clearance items seem over priced.

The profits on her clothing line go to QVC, Susan's salary (which I am sure is generous), as well as everyone on her "team."  QVC knows there are die hard fans out there, so maybe they are testing "what the market will bear" as far as pricing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Yes, her liquid knit does last forever.  I have no problem donating perfectly good clothes to make room for new things.  I have two bags of SG and Women With Control/Attitudes clothes ready to go to Goodwill tomorrow.  (There a nice red leather coat and a British tan leather jacket also in one of the bags.)

I throw away things that are worn.  If I wouldn't wear it, I'm certainly not going to donate it and expect someone else to wear it!

We have a service around here who takes old worn out clothes, sheets, etc.  (any fibers) and recycles them.

Respected Contributor

Way too high $$, imo... I do not like poly or rayon or nylon anything... I like cotton and or cotton/poly ....... is way too warm/humid here on the West Coast and cotton fits the bill best.. and in other places it's very affordable.... I need cool, easy care... If I can buy a 100% cotton Tee for $8, I'll take it. Don't want anything around my neck either, yikes!

And chiffon?...What the heck? So not happening for me 🙄 ~~ Currently it's 88% humid here.... Her designs are silly now. imo Why I even wrote this who knows... old age I guess....or bored.😬

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Way too high $$, imo... I do not like poly or rayon or nylon anything... I like cotton and or cotton/poly ....... is way too warm/humid here on the West Coast and cotton fits the bill best.. and in other places it's very affordable.... I need cool, easy care... If I can buy a 100% cotton Tee for $8, I'll take it. Don't want anything around my neck either, yikes!

And chiffon?...What the heck? So not happening for me 🙄 ~~ Currently it's 88% humid here.... Her designs are silly now. imo Why I even wrote this who knows... old age I guess....or bored.😬

@cbrite

Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Hanes is fine for me.......the cheapo stuff 100% cotton... 6 pk for $12 works... and I can dribble down my chin and toss it out then....e z care stuff. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

Hanes is fine for me.......the cheapo stuff 100% cotton... 6 pk for $12 works... and I can dribble down my chin and toss it out then....e z care stuff. 

@cbrite

I buy the Hanes Sport Cool-Dri shirts for casual wear.   100% poly and they don't get soggy when I perspire.  Dribbles don't stain!   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

All the Q prices have increased since I have been watching, but I guess that is to be expected over time.  I remember when the average D & Co. top sold for $30 or less, and now most of their tops are more than that unless they’re on clearance. SG tops used to be around $40, but lately I have seen many between $50 - 60. I have paid $50 or more for a top, but that is rare. I usually can find something I like for less in local stores. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
I believe Susan Graver is way over priced. Her liquid knit which is polyester is the cheapest fabric on earth. I don’t mind paying for natural and breathable fabric. I refuse to pay this much for nylon/polyester that is super hot in the summer. I prefer Issac over her because he often uses cotton or mostly cotton.
New Contributor
I have been thinking the same. The prices are going up considerably.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@cbrite wrote:

@cbrite

I buy the Hanes Sport Cool-Dri shirts for casual wear.   100% poly and they don't get soggy when I perspire.  Dribbles don't stain!   Woman LOL

@ALRATIBA LOL....... I think we'd get along great 😬

-Do Not Copy Pls-