Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

@curlyque1 Things must have changed at Chico's.  I stopped shopping there some time ago because I found their prices to be way higher than other stores in my area.  Certainly way higher than SG.

Chico's prices are very high IMO.  However, Chicos also runs very good sales so prices can end up being cheaper.  

Respected Contributor

I was just thinking the same when I tuned in.   I just had to flip the station when I saw that

bell bottom sleeve patterned blouse.   That top is way over the top besides that pattern adds pounds to you...imo.

Honored Contributor

I agree with the OP.  I like some of SG's items but would never pay the full price for them.  I look for "sales" "as is" "last clicks" "lunchtime specials".  Otherwise, no way.

Respected Contributor

Susan Graver prices for her clothing is excessively high. You can find the same quality/fabric at B&M for a lot less. The quality of her clothing has gone down hill. It isn't what it use to be, must likely because the majority of her clothing is made outside the US.

Honored Contributor

BARBIE100 wrote:

Her clothes last forever. Well worth the price for me.

Personally, I don't want clothes that last "forever."  I don't think I've ever thown out an item of clothing because it wore out even if it was siginficantly cheaper than SG's so for me I don't get my money's worth from her full priced clothes.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@curlyque1 Things must have changed at Chico's.  I stopped shopping there some time ago because I found their prices to be way higher than other stores in my area.  Certainly way higher than SG.

Chico's prices are very high IMO.  However, Chicos also runs very good sales so prices can end up being cheaper.  

@Lipstickdiva

True .. Chico's has great sales.  BUT ... the merchandise moves very quckly and if you dont get it when you see it ... chances are good it will be gone in your size by the time it goes on sale.  

Just happened to me (again) this morning.  I had my eye on some pants and my size is gone (60% off sale) today!

SG's prices aren't bad ... just depends on how much I want something.  

Respected Contributor

The bottom line with shopping for clothing is, if you are paying the full price of the item listed, you are not getting the best deal.  Chicos is a good example.  I've never paid full price for any item there.  You can still find good quality without paying the prices talked about here.  It's all about feeling good about our purchases.  I might be perfectly happy with a $15 top, and you feel you are happiest with one that cost $60, even if it's basically the same quality top.  All these choices are out there for both of us, and we will both look nice wearing them.  Just pardon me if I brag a bit on what a deal I got.  Me and my gal pals are in some kind of contest on who can find the bargain, so I would never admit to overpaying.  Yikes.  I don't want to lose like that.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

True .. Chico's has great sales.  BUT ... the merchandise moves very quckly and if you dont get it when you see it ... chances are good it will be gone in your size by the time it goes on sale.  

Just happened to me (again) this morning.  I had my eye on some pants and my size is gone (60% off sale) today!

SG's prices aren't bad ... just depends on how much I want something.  

@ALRATIBA, yep, things do move quickly.  I'm not a clothes stalker though and I'm never that invested in clothing.  LOL  If I like something and the price is right, I buy it.  If I like something and I feel the price is too much, I pass. If I find it on sale later, I'll buy it.  If I miss out, I figure something else will come along.  

I always try and figure my cost per wear with an item.  I spent more money than I normally would on a pair of pants but I have worn them and worn them and worn them.  They were definitely worth the money to me.  OTOH, I've bought bargain items and wore them once.  So even though I didn't pay a lot, they weren't a good deal.   

Honored Contributor

@Ptaz wrote:

Is It just me or do the prices for tops (for the most part) seem out of line with what you actually get?   To pay $60 for a simple top with no embellisments sounds a bit much for me.   I do like  lot of the line but it's making me look elsewhere.   I remember when the average price for  SG top was around $40.  Why the severe price hikes?

@Ptaz.  Simple solution...don't buy it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@BARBIE100 wrote:

Her clothes last forever. Well worth the price for me.

Personally, I don't want clothes that last "forever."  I don't think I've ever thown out an item of clothing because it wore out even if it was siginficantly cheaper than SG's so for me I don't get my money's worth from her full priced clothes.

I agree.  She does have quality clothes, but if everything lasts forever, how do you make room for new clothing, LOL?  You end up donating perfectly good clothes, which is what I recently did.  I gave Good Will two liquid knit tops that were prints I didn't really care for.  I did not get my money's worth out of those, but that was my fault.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead