Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver Price Yikes!

[ Edited ]

FB_IMG_1486676344156.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I like her sweaters and think they are worth the money...

My favorites are the ones with the gold buttons on the sleeves.

I think the liquid knit cardigans are high and do not buy any of those.

Honored Contributor

If anyone is an avid Kohl's shopper then yes, SG clothing is way over-priced. I don't shop the Q but from shopping higher end stores, her prices are right in line. Quality items equals higher prices. I'm good with that. I have earned the right to reward myself with lovely items to wear. 

"Pure Michigan"
Contributor

I totally agree with this post.  I like Susan's designs but it seems everything now is over $50 and then you add S&H onto that with tax and sometimes a simple cotton top becomes $70!!!  Her designs have risen higher than anyone elses at the Q.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think they have actually gone up even more just recently ..maybe for the spring/summer lines.....tonite she presented

and top i thought was nice......it was the usual liquid knit but had a little zipper in the front....it was $54.75!!!  I have to admit to me that was sticker shock.....by the time you pay tax , S&H  that top will cost $60+ dollars...i have many of her items but have cut down w/purchases...also am finding some of the sizing has changed....and rarely purchase if i have any question of fit as it costs me $7 to return...a few years back most of her tops were in the low $30's ..then to the higher $30's then the last two years to

mid $40's......wondering if this year will about be about mid $50's............................i know prices have gone up everywhere....but i think her fashions are going  up way faster then most....................and i don't think we can blame her as much ....doesn't QVC set the selling price???

Honored Contributor

Her prices, similar to Logo, have ESCALATED.  I rarely buy from her line, but I see SG's prices online, and they are absurdly high--especially knowing how high the quantity is that she sells per piece.  QVC is laughing ALL the way to the bank w/ the profit made from both of these lines. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I bought Liquid knit on a lunch time price.  I wore it in the spring on a trip and had to walk around outside and thought I would die of a heat stroke.  That stuff does not breath.  Also shows every lump or bump.  I think all the clothes on the Q are overpriced.  The shoes are priced right along with the stores. 

Valued Contributor

susan graver your clothes are over priced espically that striped shirt you put out at 54.00 last night. check lands end way lower priced and higher quality. plus return policy is better then q. your clothes are not that nice. 

Honored Contributor

Seems majority of Qvc customers keep buying. More importantly, If your not happy shop else where. Plenty of low cost stores.
Esteemed Contributor

In my previous post here i wrote about the high price of a hip length/reg length simple top being overpriced.....

BUT i can say one reason i do understand the prices going up is with all the tunics, asymetrical...longer length tops as they require more material each for production then a hip length style.  Although i still think all the tops could be lower priced...................